What Beer are you enjoying?

I was there in June and tried a couple local brews. You are right, Guinness isn’t the only show in town! In fact, it was so much warmer than we expected that Guinness would’ve been too heavy. Cul Dorcha from West Kerry Brewery and The Foxes Red Ale from Station Works Brewery. Great finds!

1 Like

I am enjoying Lupulin Brewing’s Hooey
link

I’m having “one of those days” at work and at the end of a long day started doubting my decision to give Traditional Base 1 a shot. With all the demands at work I started thinking about Joe Friel cititng articles that say we can continue kicking ass in our 50s and beyond with a steady diet of strength training and VO2max work.

And then I ran to the store to pick up veggies for dinner, and spotted a collaboration between Lagunitas and Shorts Brewery. And it was on sale! After reading the label, all the doubts of the day erased:

7 Likes

Lost Coast - Downtown Brown

2 Likes

I’m digging Hieneken 0.0% right now.

Haters gonna hate.

1 Like

Traitor!! (Jokes)

I was at Oktoberfest in Munich last week. My alcohol stress score was through the roof, and I’m currently taking a recovery week.
Strangely enough, I did an FTP test yesterday and got an increase. Maybe it was due to this being my first ramp test, or maybe it was the beer carb loading. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Had a couple of PigeonHead Pilsners tonight at dinner…good stuff brewed here in Reno.

2 Likes

Deschutes Hopzeit Autumn IPA - gives me the IPA I want along with some of the spicy goodness of fall brews that I enjoy this time of year.

Also, Coronado Brewing Company Guava Islander IPA - not fruity like it sounds, similar to grapefruit IPAs I’ve enjoyed in that it’s more citrus than anything. A good warm weather brew for the SoCal folks still enjoying summer conditions.

2 Likes

That is a VERY good beer. I love it.

1 Like

Whatever one is in front of me! Norm

I know what you mean. I have been to Munich a couple of times, once during Oktoberfest, and my Alcohol Stress Score took a butt-kicking both times!

3 Likes

Dale’s

Always Dale’s

5 Likes

Any of the Las Frescas runs from Wren House Brewing Co. If you’re in the Phoenix, AZ area, it’s a must stop!! #sogood :ok_hand:

1 Like

Jailbreak Brewing Infiniate Amber.

(I like that this is posted under “ Nutrition “.)

3 Likes

Henry’s hard grape soda

Wow, wow, wow. I’m typically averse to fruit in my beer, but this one is nothing short of amazing - lightly fruity (heavier on the pineapple than the passion fruit…having typed that, I’m not actually sure what passion fruit tastes like though), hoppy without being bitter even at 100 IBU, light tasting for a DIPA, and nicely ‘big’ at 8% ABV. And it’s local!

10 Likes

DFH 90 minute while I read here tonight.

My LBS has a beer and wine store in it where you can mix and match singles and I’ve got another mix/match place within walking distance.

2 Likes

New find at dinner tonight, so good I had another :smile:

4 Likes

Super tasty, juicy, bit piney, 110 IBU but smooth. From Brooklyn, NY.

7 Likes