What Bar Tape Do You Really Like?

I like the SRAM suede a lot. However, I just ordered the TT sticker kit from Silca and it feels so nice that I might give their tape a shot as well.

Has anyone tried the Silca bartape, Nastro or Nastro Cuscino?

Another vote for Lizard Skin. My LBS knows the trick to using it and I can usually go about 8-9 months on it when they do the wrap. I had another mechanic that didn’t know the secret do it and the tape was toast in about 3 months. :frowning:

All our bikes with exception to my wife’s new bike have Supacaz kush , best Bartape in my opinion.

2 Likes

The nastro fiore has been awesome for about a year on my gravel bike and lots of rides. Has the bar end plugs (like supacaz design) that actually work well. I thought it was rebranded supacaz at first, but it seems (at least to me) to have held up longer with firmer (in a positive way) cushioning. I don’t know if I’d want to pay full price, but once a year isn’t too bad for good tape.

1 Like

Supacaz kush for me.

1 Like

I really like Salsa’s Gel Cork Bar Tape. I’ve put it on my Fargo and my Warbird.

Why do you like it so much?
Thanks

1 Like

I use Lizard Skins too. I notice the coating wears off on high use area.

Yeah, LS delaminates.
Do you have a link for Factor?

1 Like

Another vote for Fizik. I’ve used several of their models but I am currently using the 2mm Vento . Fizik tape is really easy to wrap and rwork if needed. It sits nicely, and I found it very comfortable and grippy in all case. I ride gloveless and sweat a lot lol.

1 Like

The absolute best I’ve ever had is the BMC OEM tape that 3T makes. Unfortunately you have to by a BMC to get some as they don’t sell it retail.

I’ve been riding with Ciclovation for the last two years. I installed the 3D Carbon Touch and has lasted 7K miles, two retapes, and I’m a heavy sweater. Tape is still comfortable and looks new. I tried another version of their tape and wasn’t as impressed as the carbon tape. The stuff is a bit pricey but suuuuuper durable.

1 Like

I tried the Silca Nastro Fiore and liked the feel but it wasn’t as cushioned as I had been used to for the hours on rough chipseal so I ended up back at the S-Wrap Roubaix with some of that bar phat for the tops (the roads suuuuuck). That brifter piece is great though, Ill definitely be reusing that. I might try the Cuscino next since it’s available in solid black - I couldn’t like the business of the patterning on the Fiore

I have the Cuscino on my gravel bike and so far really like it. The Cuscino seems to do a nice job muting some of the vibrations on dirt, or maybe it is the Silca “nocebo” marketing working on me :smile: Based on using the Cuscino I put the Fiore on my roadbike. The piece for behind the brake lever is great. Silca crash replacement policy is nice bonus, hopefully it won’t be needed.

I also previously used Arundel silicon tape and that was very good. Bonus points for being able to throw it in the dishwasher to clean it.

1 Like

Love Supacaz. I train about 8 hours a week and I reckon I could get through about 2 years with it. Great in the heavy rain, well cushioned for long rides but firm if your weight is going through it.

1 Like

Ha! Maybe!

I just want to say, though, that if my hands and wrists aren’t torturing me after 200 miles of gravel…and it’s because of placebo effect…I’m still ok with that. :wink: Don’t harsh my placebo effect & I won’t harsh yours. Ha!

2 Likes

I’m a fan of the Bontrager Grippytack

1 Like

Another vote for Fabric Knurl. I wrap it for some people and get a lot of good feedback on how secure they feel, wet or dry. You also get elastic finishing strip that stays and looks good.

1 Like

I’m leaning towards the Vento. I like the looks and it seems to be pretty tacky. How’s it feel riding?