Well... I got COVID. Starting over

I’m finally back to training at full speed and it’s going pretty well. I’ll admit I’m trying to be on the lookout for any cardiac symptoms since it seems like we’re hearing about that in the healthcare community.

Wrote about getting back to training here.

1 Like

I’m 3 weeks out and light headed when I walk up flight of stairs. Big time bummer after spending year recovering a pinned hip. I hope you are doing better. My big goal now is just walking outside.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing…
I’m on the mend from a bad case of Covid that sent me to the ICU for 4 days and to a recovery room for 2 before I got discharged. I took one entire week at the house to finish recovering and glad to report everyday got better. I ate a lot of good stuff because I went into the hospital malnourished from not eating enough due to loss of taste and smell. I’m back to work and the fatigue and dizziness are gone. I’ve been on the trainer doing short recovery intensity 30-45 min sessions, then a 1 hr session and a couple of easy rides around the neighborhood. My heart rate is about 10-15 beats higher for that level of effort in my pre-covid days. Legs is not a problem, just my HR. Today I tried Beech, but ended up backing down the intensity after about 20 min into it because my HR was already higher than expected during the entire 70% interval. My guess is that easy recovery sessions will be going on for a while. I don’t know when I’ll start feeling normal, pre covid HR’s, but hope it will be sooner than later.

3 Likes

Glad to hear you are on the mend. Go easy for quite a while – how long that needs to be varies. I just had a big setback at 10+ months with new symptoms for the past week.

1 Like

So glad I found this thread and the positivity here. Good to find stories of people recovering. The amount of suffering going around is so tremendous and yet we’re the only family we know that’s gotten sick. So the mental symptoms are far worse than our physical symptoms (fatigue/slight cough/foggy).

There’s a new term I’ve discovered: “acute phase”. Glad I checked in here and am just going to stop all intense stuff until I’m well. Thanks again for stories of recovery and hope!

1 Like