Weight loss accountability buddy or thread discussion

Overall the past week went well. I started logging my food intake (again) and it helped to keep me focused. However, I had a flare up of achilles tendonitis on Sunday and chose not do do the ride I had planned to do. I felt down about that and ended up eating much more than I should have.

3 Likes

I’m the opposite I tend to stress eat. And my stress at work makes me want to drink :joy:

Hope your work settles down this week. For times like this I think it becomes extra important to try and set aside time for yourself like for an intense workout, even if it’s a 30 min VO2 or tabata style. And if you’ve trended too low for two days or more, maybe increase recovery meal calories to help stay on top of your energy throughout out the day?

2 Likes

Down another .3kg from last week. I’m eating a bit more to stay on top of higher intensity workouts. I haven’t had a dedicated recovery week in 6 weeks but that’s because I know I’m going to have a long period of time off in February. Still taking creatine.

Had a cheat day last week but I’m back on the wagon. The fascat 4 week meal plans really nice to have those recipes and simply meal prep for, balancing macros is pretty easy to adjust the ratios for my meals based on my training.

Finally solidified my race calendar. Trying to hit most of my weight reduction by April, going from 84 to 81kg, then maintenance April 1-7, load up for Tour of Newport News (14-16Apr) and try to lose one or two kg for armed forces classic in June (goal 79).

3 Likes

365 day progress, hit my lowest weight since college last week.

8 Likes

Thank you for your well wishes.

Oh yes, I had 2 days off of just thinking and ate as I saw fit when I wanted. Helped to sort me right back out.

Down to 83.8kg. January has been really successful, down nearly 2kg from the beginning of the month.

Going to be out of network through 24 Feb. Planning on hitting 81.5 by end of month, and slow it down to 81 or just below it by March for race season.

Really helpful things have been

• switching from whole milk to almond milk (as such, less calories in my morning coffee and especially cereal if I get a late night craving)
  • lots of big ass salads
  • big reduction in alcohol

Things to improve for Feb

• complete alcohol cut
  • I do a lot of late night workouts. Thinking about a bigger midafternoon meal and then only a recovery smoothie after the workout (veggies like carrots/kale, a banana, almond milk and protein powder)
5 Likes

94.4 to 92.8. Glad to see a drop finally. Numbers have been a mind game recently even though I know I’m doing what I need to do with respect to ins/outs.

Between rowing, lifting heavy (squats, deads, bench, etc), and the creatine load at the beginning of the month I imagine my actual body composition has changed more positively than the scale leads on.

Cheers all.

3 Likes

A slight gain for me this week to 79.3 on average.

The stress of work and life isn’t letting up unfortunately. Finally relented on Friday, Sat, and Sunday and broke the diet to just recover mentally. Back on track as of Monday but sometimes you just need a break.

Good luck to everyone this week!

177cm & 94kg here - stocky build for lifting. Have run marathons / full IM @ 88kg.

But now I’m in for Leadville 2023, so I need to take weight loss seriously. :grimacing:

Mike