Weight loss accountability buddy or thread discussion

I’ve got a few Kg to loose so I’m in - spreadsheet updated, I just need to weigh in now.

For the first time since i joined this thread I’ve put on weight however it was expected. It was my wife’s birthday last week so we enjoyed that and I did ease off a bit.

Will need to knuckle down this week and be careful, some good sessions and a few online races will see me back on track for sub 80kg.

uh oh.
+0.9kg for me. Had a long ride yesterday, and fuelled well.
Pretty sure it’s going to go down, but still, not nice to see :confused:

Down 0.6kg this week. Lowest since the week before I tripped over and bruised my ribs and then had my post season break.

Happy with that.

I suggest you include the 7-day average in the sheet: I do that, and definitely makes me feel better about myself given that Sundays usually involve big rides and a lot of carbs!

1 Like

Very valid point here!

I do find that it helps to get rid of some of the day-to-day natural oscillations, so can definitely recommend that as positive reinforcement is always good! :slight_smile:

As for me, this was a very positive week: I know I like to eat A TON, just in terms of volume of food, so for the second week in a row I kept my focus on filling up my plates with food, grains and beans, and shed some good weight while still feeling good and keeping up the training. Very happy with this, I hope to carry this moving forward: I am really enjoying my meals, and it feels sustainable.

1 Like

Thanks, i’ve gone back and changed the visible columns to use weekly averages :+1:
Still going up, but not as badly, all things considering.

There is a expand collapse plus (+) if you want to change the previous entries.

Ah, it’s alright, i don’t think i can be bothered. I just want to have the recent tred, and before that lull period, it was all down anyway :smiley:

1 Like

I think it’s all down to not having the stats anymore! How many south pacific octopi have we lost? How many alpine groundhogs? What portion of a sperm whale? We need to know!

It’s the government that is keeping the truth from us!

1 Like

I haven’t logged my weight in a few weeks. I am back at it this week. I either had the virus or a really nasty head cold. I was knocked out for days on end. I didn’t exercise, I just ate food, some healthy, some not. I had so much fluid in my ears and sinuses I wanted to pay anyone to stick a needle in me and drain out the fluid. I had a constant headache from all of that. It’s been 4 days since I last took a Claritin D. I am still blowing out snot, but the fluid / pressure has decreased tremendously. I am finally starting to feel better.

When I started feeling better it took a good week of just taking it easy with exercising, my heart rate was about 10-20 beat higher than normal.

I am on the verge of doing something stupid and signing up for an ultramarathon (50 miles). I trained for one last year before it got cancelled, so hoping this go around I can knock it off my list of stupid things to do.

1 Like

I have many reasons but no good excuse for not keeping up with this challenge and the all important statistics associated with it. So, without further delay let’s dig right into the analysis.

We have collectively lost 214kg. Roughly the equivalent of:

• 4.5 Giant Pacific Octopi,
  • 0.93 Cubic Meters of Snow,
  • 0.48 of a Grand Piano
  • 2.5 Kangaroos.
  • 3 Beer Kegs,
  • 17.5 Gold Bars,
  • 30 Bowling Balls,
  • 500 Soccer Balls,
  • 10,250 hours of film reel.

I have been exercising regularly but my progress stopped when my discipline about eating late fell off the wagon. My work situation has partly driven that, but I think I can get control of it.

4 Likes

Right then, I think this group is exactly what I need to shift some unwanted kilos that have crept on over the last few years.

I’m recovering from a 2 week lurgy so will be getting back into a slow steady base period from Weds onwards, if lungs allow. Feels like the perfect time to get some discipline back into my eating. I know what I should be doing but love food and simply eat too much of it!

I got into ultra distance riding properly last year and it played havoc with appetite (off the bike) - has anyone else had that?

Anyway, I’m in, motivated and happy to be part of this group - bring it on.

2 Likes

Quick question for you.

How long does it generally take your body to respond to ‘good’ eating? I know people who start losing weight the day after they start being careful but I’m 10 days in and my weight hasn’t budged. Wonder if it’s age or gender related? (I’m 45 and female)

1 Like

it takes quite a while early on, if i recall correctly, up to 4 weeks :expressionless:

1 Like

After multi-day events (e.g Paris Brest Paris, 1200km) I was totally ravenous as you’d expect. But this went on for days and then weeks, resulting in weight gain. It was like a hunger I’d never experienced. Really hard to get normal eating back in place.
I should mention that I eat well throughout these events. I’m well clued up on nutrition (read lots and am an avid TR podcast watcher) and make sure I’m getting a balance of macros and plenty of cals in …

Cheers Johnny. sadly, this isn’t the first time I’ve had to shed a few unwanted kilos so am fairly well-versed in the science, principles etc but never hurts to get a reminder!
I have read Dr Stacy Sims awesome book (Roar) cover to cover and know that women lose less quickly than men due to the way we’re programmed.

I was just wondering how long it takes others to see results?

1 Like

Definitely no apologies needed, I’m super grateful for your response!