Weight loss accountability buddy or thread discussion

Well put myself on the spreadsheet. Set a new weight goal of 175 from 195. At my heaviest I was 280+ Ive held this weight for several years but I want to improve my wkg within the next year.

1 Like

I already reached my goal after 65 days, from 79kg to 69kg, actually it was really easy, Iā€™m sure I could keep the weight that way.

But what helped me a lot:

• Fitness Pal Premium (extended now to 1 year Premium to keep my diet under control)

• a lot of very good convenience foods, because you are able to scan the barcode and add them easily to Fitness Pal, really good food like Jamie Oliver and some others, look here, but itā€™s only german:

• a small spoon and small fork, so you can eat slower and enjoy the smaller servings

• Garmin Scale S1, but i reached now wrong Body fat measurements, every day 7%, itā€™s the second time i reached this level, a year ago i opened a ticket at Garmin, till today they havenā€™t a solution and now they offered me to replace the scale to a new Index Scale S2

My goal would also be to improve my W/kg, but with a ~ 18 watt decrease of my FTP for running and cycling, but the W/kg have increased proportionally, i am on the right way!

6 Likes

Same loss as the previous week -0.6kg
Lowest in the last 28 weeks with the exception of 4 weeks. Getting thereā€¦ 42% to goal.
Fitness on the way up, weight on the way down :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Back down, 0.7kg.
At least thereā€™s a positive this week!

2 Likes

Winter makes it tough though.
Salads are harder to make, cold weather makes one want to reach out for the cake. Roast dinners are on the table.
Worst of all, booze is everywhere!

True. Well not harder to make, but not as appealing as on a hot summers day.

Nice bit of steamed veg for morning snack instead.

As it happens I do have a chicken potato salad for lunch (as todays a rest day)

I tend to make more vegetable soups and stews in winter, more time consuming to make but more satisfying in the late Autumn / Winter. Just need to be a bit more organised, okay if you have a microwave at work.

2 Likes

Weā€™re in lockdown, so home cooking all the way.
We do the rota - roast chicken - stock from the bones - soup from the stock quite a lot.
Massive boost in collagen, great for the immune system, and pretty lean.
Also, batch cooking helps, but unfortunately for us, having 3 growing boys at home means that slowly, but surely, the portion remaining to be frozen is getting smaller and smaller.

2 Likes

PS Look at the colour in that pictureā€¦ good rule of thumb, greens, red, oranges generally better for you. Whites and browns not so much.

3 Likes

great call on the cooking side of things: soups take a bit more time to prepare, but are super easy to freeze and ā€œuse for laterā€.

As for me, I had a very successful week of hard training coupled with what felt like a manageable deficit. If anything I was struggling to get enough calories in on some harder days. I think I tried a bit too hard to ā€œeat the good stuffā€ while having big calorie expenditures from riding Sat and Sun. This culminated in me waking up at 3am this morning, feeling absolutely starved, despite having gone to bed feeling satiated.

I want to monitor this: as my palate has changed and I now relish a lot of fruit and veg, making sure that I also eat enough is and will be a challenge. I want to maintain my deficit reasonable, not excessive, so Iā€™ll take this as a lesson learned and maybe tip the balance more heavily towards the ā€œgrainsā€ side of the equation, and a bit less on the ā€œgreensā€.

Overall, another 0.6kgs lost, although the figure read was sligthly skewed by a higher number this morning (post 3am snackfest where I engorged big amounts of lentils+yogurt).

4 Likes

I must say, the difference in palate is astonishing: I now find cherry tomatoes as more than sweet enough for me, and stuff like strawberry conserve to be way too sweet!

1.6 kg loss this week (3.5 lbs)

That is more loss than I would ideally like but tends to happen, as Iā€™ve said before, on a recovery week
Well I say week, but it was recovery 5 days, being doing 16 days on 5 days recovery instead of a full recovery week )

2 Likes

and up goes the yoyo: +0.6kg this week.
Itā€™s fine, iā€™m still within the boundaries i set myself, and Iā€™m in build, so really not the time to starve myself.

2 Likes

Another solid week of loss for me: -0.5kg, while training hard (17hr overall between bike and running). I had a couple of tough days of not feeling great during hard workouts, so I definitely need to pay more attention to fuelling well the hard sessions and not skimping on the calories.

3 Likes

wtf, yesterday i made a 5k race and i beat my personal best, i was 2 minutes faster with 10kg weight loss! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :star_struck: :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

oh man, in the last month iā€™ve lost all the weight loss gains i made in Sept and October. Gotta get recommitted.

Is it too late to join this group?

1 Like

Down goes the yoyo. -0.3 kg this week.
Iā€™m still not actively trying to lose weight. But delighted Iā€™m not gaining, and iā€™m getting faster.
Jan is the next push to drop another 2kg over 4 months.
Mission. Accepted!

still playing, just not done the Excel, will get back into it

1 Like

This week highlights another flaw of apps like Myfitnesspal and calorie counting.

I have lost almost 1kg this week, even though on the app I use to track my calorie intake I have kept a pretty consistent 500kcal deficit, and my hard workouts have suffered. I need to put myself more in tune with my body, and make sure I fuel myself for the hard stuff!

So, to everyone else whoā€™s still looking at this thread: weight loss is important, but only for performance, so watch out if you see that your performance is suffering!

Having said that, I do feel quite happy with the diet changes I have made and with the weight lost, so overall the trend is very positive and Iā€™m glad for that.

1 Like

I know I fell off due to some external stressors and continuing the stress of trying to lose weight wasnā€™t benefitting me. After a period of maintenance Iā€™m back on the band wagon to start losing again. Big push before the end of the year!

1 Like

I was hit with COVID. 0 Stars, Do not recommend.

1 Like