Wahoo KICKR 12 Speed confirmation

I now have confirmation that at least one combination of 12 speed works with the Wahoo 2018 KICKR.

I installed a Sram NX 12 speed cassette on the KICKR and with my 2019 Intense Sniper Pro with Boost spacing it works and the shifting is smoother than my road bike was.

It also works perfectly with the Wahoo Kickr Climb once the wheel base and wheel size was set up in the wahoo fitness app.

The NX cassette, which is the least expensive version, works due to it being designed around the spline standard instead of the XD standard

6 Likes

haha, that big cog looks insane on the Kickr!

3 Likes

It’s almost the size of the flywheel :joy::joy:
Thank you for posting this as I had intentions on doing the same as spring got closer!

1 Like

Lawrence: I am trying to use my SCOTT SPARK RC 900 WC on WAHOO KICKR 2018…
I have some questions: What mean Boost Spacing?
Do you need anything else apart the SRAM NX 12 Speed Cassette to use it on your Wahoo Kickr 2018?
Do you use the KICKR Trainer 142x12 Thru Axle Adapter?

• That is the official name for the 148mm x 12mm axle size.
  • You need to use the 148mm x 12mm TA adapter to match the Boost axle on the bike.

Dear @Lawrence

The limits on the rear derailleur required an adjustment?

It requires any adjustment of the cable tension?

The bike shifted properly?

@LTRIGOS in my instance it did not require any of the above. After about a month of riding I did need to move that barrel adjuster but that was it so far.

Also, as All parts needed to use boost spacing were including with my KICKR

I hope that helps.

1 Like

In my case I need to make adjustments to my limits. It doesn’t make sense to do this as I use the bike every other day on the mountain.
I have a 12x142 skewer.
Is there not an adapter that sorts this problem out

Hey everyone, I have a Scott Scale 960. My bike fits with the 135mm but it has SRAM NX 12 speed, I wanted to know if it works without the 142mm
@Lawrence

Compatible whith shimano SLX 12 speed?

@Lawrence did you need to put any spacers behind the cassette?