Wahoo Elemnt Bolt (V2 Color)

V2 works with v1 mount

2 Likes

Iā€™m using a k-edge and a barfly that I had with my V1 that both work fine with my V2. As long as youā€™re not bothered about the aero* then I think any of the v1 mounts will fit.

*I very much doubt it could be measured

2 Likes

One of the big selling points was the mounts were compatible iirc

2 Likes

Backwards-compatible but not completely cross-compatible. The V2 will work on V1 mounts but the V1 wonā€™t fit on the supplied V2 mount. Unlikely to be an issue for most though.

2 Likes

I thought I read that they werenā€™t compatible. But I guess its V1 to the V2 mount, not the other way around!

2 Likes

Re battery life:

• Out on the road V2 seems to sip juice frugally;
  • But get it under cover / in a building where itā€™s struggling for a GPS signal and it sups like a starved vampire from the necks of virgins

Iā€™d normally start up the Bolt a ā€œshort whileā€ before my ride commenced; then gather/load water bottles, gather ride snacks, don shoes / gloves / helmet / jacket etc, zero PM, start Varia, check HRM, load Route - generally Olympic levels of faffing :eyes: :rofl:. But, Iā€™ve noticed that with the bike inside a building or garage, the V2 is slurping power at maybe 1% a minute, which is a little unnervingā€¦

Unnerving enough to: (1) rethink my faffy start routine; and (2) hope I donā€™t find myself on a ride where for some reason the V2 struggles for signal for a good chunk of time (eg. parked under cover at a caff stop?), because juice levels could plummet and risk running dry later in the ride.

Never really noticed this issue with the V1.

2 Likes

I gotta say, while I never like the trend of releasing hardware and sorting out the firmware over the next few months, theyā€™ve come a long way with the software since my release day purchase.

4 Likes

Just got a Bolt v2 after having owned using v1 for a while, pleased with the sharper display and expanded routing/mapping capabilities :+1:

Also looks like they just publicly released the firmware update with on-device map panning/zooming.

3 Likes

The one in which I break down the Elemnt Bolt 2 within the framework of modernism vs post-modernism and how it relates to our ultimate satisfaction.

Tldr: good improvements, some of the hardware is still frustrating, and itā€™s great if you want navigation. I wish it was better for the 4 years of development and the price.

3 Likes

Pretty much spot on. Another issue is delayed GPS response. That applies to turns and Strava segments. This has not improved with firmware updates. I was also playing with my ten month old while watching so maybe I missed it. All and all, Iā€™m not super happy with the upgrade and probably would be happy staying with v1. This might move me over to Garmin when the next gen releases.

2 Likes

Nope, didnā€™t put that in but itā€™s a good one. Iā€™ve noticed it intermittently but wasnā€™t sure if that was just me or not. Good to know

1 Like

Anyone got any new/recent/updated complaints about the V2?

I just killed my V1 on todayā€™s ride. I would love to get completely out of the Wahoo universe, but I actually think I prefer the Bolt to the 520 based on reviews and my overwhelmingly positive experience with my first Bolt (and Iā€™m still running a 2018 Kickr, which I can run my training peaks workouts via the head unit very easily as well.)

Just interested in any updated thoughts, or if you guys who have upgraded would change your mind now after 5 more months of use and almost a year of firmware updates. (I take the fact that this thread is dead as a good signā€¦, otherwise people would be here complaining!)

Very happy with the V2 six months in. A firmware update fixed some slowness in changing screens and theyā€™ve just added custom alerts which was the only feature that I felt was missing.

The main reason I upgraded was I kept having to glue the side button plastic back in place on my V1. That said, I still have it too and use it sometimes on shorter rides. The colour on the V2 is nice but not essential to me!

1 Like

How is TR outdoor workouts this day with Wahoo? I read somewhere that adaptive training does not work with outdoor training with Wahoo.

Iā€™m in doubt to replace my 520+ work a Wahoo or wait for the next generation Garmin devices. I want TR outdoor rides integration, USB-C, good navigation and battery life.

So far Wahoo bolt V2 is the only one coming close to this requirement spec list.

Still very happy with my v2. Not used much lately (winter) but no complaints at all, the display is a proper upgrade over v1.

Unstructured outdoor rides need to be manually matched to a ā€œsimilarā€ outdoor workout for now, but they are working on an automated solution. Not sure if Garmin is any different. The workaround sounds worse than it is, I got used to it. Structured outdoor workouts work as expected.

Glad I upgraded when I did.

1 Like

Instructed is the same on Garmin. Iā€™m mostly focused on the structured outdoor rides.

On Garmin the proces is like this:

1. Change workout from indoor to outdoor in TR
  2. Workout gets pushed to Garmin
  3. Ahead of your actual training sync garmin connect and your edge device. Your training will appear on your edge.
  4. Do the workout and afterwards sync again.
  5. Go to TR and fill in the survey.
  6. Adaptive Training will do the rest.

How is this process on the Wahoo?

Looks to be the same.

Iā€™m really happy with the V2! The new custom alerts are extremely helpful for me to stay on top of nutrition, the color screen very well done, etc. The firmware updates along the way have taken care of most of the issues, so your timing is quite good as well!!

1 Like

6 months in and i like it. Had a roam prior, which died due to water leaking in, and the bolt v2 is superior

1 Like

Same!

1 Like