New Wahoo Head units Roadmap

Does anyone have any idea on a likely roadmap for upgrades to the current units?

I’m more bothered if one is due to be updated imminently as I’m thinking of getting one and don’t want a brand new launch to be announced next week or something!

I have no idea when the current Elemnt or Bolt were last updated (the models I am looking at) to give me a clue.
Thanks

1 Like

Roam is the new Elemnt essentially.

I’d expect a new Bolt sometime soon. Basically a Bolt with a better screen and colour. Roam is safe to buy though if you want a larger HU.

I have a Roam FWIW and love it. Had both Element and Bolt at home before that.

1 Like

Can’t see a new bolt coming for at least a year given we’ve just passed Eurobike. The bolt is still easily the best value for money headunit on the market, so it depends what you’re using right now really. If you feel either would be a big upgrade there’s little point waiting.

eadunit changes tend to be incremental rather than revolutionary, unless you’re Garmin and like to go backwards from time to time. A lot of new features get pushed to the existing devices through firmware updates so there’s no desparate need for them to release a new unit if the hardware isn’t a limiting factor.

1 Like

Thanks.
I was looking at something a little cheaper to be honest, at the moment I don’t really need that extra big screen

I have a buggy 520 which is just doing my head in enough to upgrade.
I like both the bolt and the elemnt, what year were these 2 released? A bolt I’m sure would be sufficient for me. I presume that all models support outside TR rides?
Thanks

Take a look at Wahoo refurb models if looking for savings.
https://uk.wahoofitness.com/devices/bike-computers/gps-elemnt-bolt-reconditioned

1 Like

Pretty sure if you shop around and search for deals you can get a new one around 165-170.

1 Like