Wahoo Bolt Ride Not Syncing?

After I’ve done all the recent updates over the past two weeks it seems to have solved the problems.

1 Like

Having same problems with syncing to app after ride and RideTracking not working. There have been several updates pushed through so maybe they are trying to fix these glitches Have app on IPhone XR. In mean time I will have to keep unpairing/forgetting phone and re-pairing to get rides to save to app.

Even with everything up to date, I’m starting to have issues syncing as well on my Bolt. Strava gets updated pretty quickly, but now the Wahoo app doesn’t sync very well.

I’m still experimenting with this, but it seems like when I turn my cellular data off, the sync seems to work okay. :man_shrugging: Need to pay more attention to this quirk before saying for sure that does the trick.

Same problem here. After 100+ hassle free rides, my Element Bolt will not sync with my iPhone. I can see the ride in the app and the Element Bolt is connected via Bluetooth, but the ride data won’t sync. Says “waiting to sync”. Until the ride has been uploaded you cannot sync to Strava.

Same issue with uploading Strava routes to the Element Bolt.

I have been forgetting the Element Bolt on My iPhone and forgetting my Element Bolt after EVERY ride. Very frustrating and I don’t have an easy solve!!!

2 Likes

I’ve had lots of trouble with tracking and syncing over the last few weeks, never found a solution for live track but the ride would sync if I killed the Elemnt app, let the computer reconnect and then synced again.

That said, there was another firmware and app update over the last couple of days and everything worked very well yesterday so maybe the issues are resolved. Hopefully.

I’ve been having issues too. It’s been like owning a Garmin 810 again.

New firmware a couple of days ago, so fingers crossed that has fixed it.

That’s what’s so strange in my instance. Strava is getting my ride while the Wahoo app keeps saying “waiting to sync” or “Sync xx%”. :face_with_monocle:

My ROAM hasn’t worked right lately either. Once or twice it goes through but normally I gotta go into the wahoo app and refresh the rides, wait for it to slowly sync to 100%, then it automatically pushes to Strava. My buddy has a BOLT with the same issue.

1 Like

My latest now (in addition to other fails) is my Wahoo Bolt porked the data of a training ride in the upload. For one ride mid last week, it uploaded it to Strava but it only shows miles and time. No other data at all on Strava, and I cannot apparently re-upload the data from the Bolt. TrainerRoad shows no data at all for that ride. Full data for the ride remains on the Bolt in history, but re-syncing does nothing, and the app shows only the clipped data. Yet another update was pushed by Wahoo on 6/8 which I just installed. The release notes are very vague referring only to ‘fixing stability issues.’ Not good customer communications. If this cascading series of fails continues I’ll be buying a Garmin . . . the Bolt features are 3 years old at this point, its navigation sucks, it’s now screwing up my training data history and I’m spending way too much time diddling with this thing.

So weird this is still going on for some. I had a couple rides back in Feb that didn’t sync (to Strava), at least not right away and it took some fiddling. Dropped the strava link and reauthorizing it fixed it up and haven’t had a problem since. My bolt syncs via WiFi automatically when I get home. It’s pretty infrequent that I launch the wahoo app (Android). All of the recent firmware updates have not impacted my syncs.

If I had to guess (and I will), they’ve got an issue with oauth and it’s not updating it’s refresh tokens correctly. It must have something to do with the tokens themselves because clearly not everyone is having the issue. Heck, maybe Strava was issuing garbage refresh tokens for a while that were out of spec somehow and it snagged a subset of users. And most seem to be saying it goes away when they redo the integration.

If it was a Strava oauth issue, wouldn’t it be impacting all 3rd parties? Sure seems like a wahoo only issue.

Oauth is complicated. There’s a lot of valid ways to use it, and the protocol allows many options, not every client will support all them. It could be some shared library has changed some defaults and depending when every 3rd party upgrades their infrastructure you encounter issues at different times. Fwiw, dropbox hasn’t failed me so it was limited to strava in mycase, and resolved by reauth. Ymmv of course.

My upload and syncing worked like a charm today. :man_shrugging:

My tracking & syncing worked great after the last update. For one freaking day. I’m about fed up with wahoo & very much considering going back to Garmin.

Anybody know if Garmin live tracking works consistently? I mtb alone 95% of the time & my girlfriend liked to be able to see if I’m moving as I’m prone to crash from time to time.

My bolt has been a pain over the last 4 weeks but the latest FW/SW seems to have fixed everything. It connects quickly to my phone and has uploaded the last 5 rides with no issue.

1 Like

It’s interesting that a lot of people have been having similar issues.

I swapped phones recently and have been thinking it’s the new phone - but now I’m not sure.

iOS with the Wahoo app has always been rock solid, but lately it’s been a real PITA.

Primarily the livetrack just never seems to register - even though the device is connected it hasn’t been sending out the emails… and then to get the ride to sync I either have to turn Bluetooth off and back on in settings or re-pair the bolt. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon if others are having issues.

I was also curious if a factory reset might do the trick - but I’m not keen on losing any settings if I can help it.

With the latest round of software the rides are getting into the phone app consistently but upload is erroring out on the auto upload. I have to manually requeue the upload then it succeeds with no further intervention.

1 Like

+1 here for recent problems. After a ride i have to open the app on my phone and then it uploads from the Bolt ok, but it never uploads successfully to Strava. I have to stop the transfer and restart it and then it works. 30 seconds of hassle, but it didn’t used to be necessary.

Ugh, mine was working good for a couple weeks after the latest update and now its back to the game of unpairing/pairing again.

Mine’s been working fine. Those of you struggling to upload to Strava - have you tried re-authorising with Strava? I can’t remember exactly how to do it but it just involved toggling a setting somewhere and maybe re-entering strava username/password. It fixed that side of things for me.

1 Like