Wahoo Bolt Ride Not Syncing?

Went on an outside ride yesterday using my Wahoo Bolt. I can see the ride on the Bolt but the Wahoo Element app is not picking it up. When I connect the Bolt to my MacBook it charges the Bolt but won’t read any files. Ugh, frustrated on what to do, any suggestions?

1 Like

Double check wi-fi connection for the Bolt. I think it helps if it’s on the same exact channel as the phone, for typical sync.

1 Like

You need to turn the Bolt “on” before it can read anything. Just plugging in => charging. Although I never use a cable, wifi is so more practical.

• try mcneese.chad’s tip
    or
  • logout in the app and log back in.
  • Put the Bolt on and sync with the app again
1 Like

I had a ride from my bolt not upload to strava yesterday…tried resyncing but it still wouldnt upload. It went to the wahoo app but no further, I ended up sharing the fit file to myself via email and manually uploading to strava…so 2013!

3 Likes

I had the same problem…glad it wasn’t just my user error!! I reinstalled the Wahoo Elemnt phone app and re-paired it. That seemed to do the trick.

1 Like

Thanks for all the suggestions, however I tried all the above to no avail. That ride for some reason isn’t being recognized.

1 Like

Hehe… Had the same issue with bolt the other day, first outdoor ride this year after long hibernation. What I observed is that element app actually showed the ride synced, but it still didn’t show up in strava. My hunch is strava might have either changed the auth or something similar over winter, or maybe just expired some tokens. What worked for me though is removing strava pairing in the app and then adding it back. Ride synced up instantly after that

3 Likes

Came here to say this. I’ve been having this problem about a week. De-authed Strava in the Element app and added it back, and the ride synced to Strava. Other services have been fine.

1 Like

Same situation this past weekend. I spent a couple of hours playing with the app and Strava. Gave up and tried to upload the fit file from Dropbox. That didn’t work either. Finally got it to upload to strava. Won’t be testing it this weekend. Weather is frozen mix.

Update:
I recorded an indoor ride today and when I went to sync it to to the Wahoo Element app the ride that wouldn’t upload from before all of a sudden loaded, but now the indoor ride isn’t loading :man_shrugging:.

Same problem. Outdoor TR workout. Showing on bolt and app but not uploading to Strava. I got wahoo app to let me download file to phone and uploaded it via Strava website.

If the issue is not syncing to Strava (and from there to TR), then I experienced this issue for the first time a couple of days ago.

A very rapid fix was to go into the Android ELEMNT app; select Profile at the bottom; scroll down to and touch Connected apps; untick Strava to deauthorize, then re-tick Strava to reauthorize.

Following that, it sync’d immediately and all was good again.

I had the exact same problem with my Bolt. I will try the deauth/auth loop.

Im having the same problem. I havent changed any settings. Bolt automatically syncs to komoot as usual over wifi but not to strava. It then wont let me sync with strava through the bolt app manually either.

Ive been downloading the ride file from the bolt app and uploading it manually in to strava.

Tried disconnecting and reconnecting strava from the bolt app and the problem persists

I just had exactly this issue. Reinstalling the iOS app (and connecting to all services) did the trick.

2 Likes

After the last firmware update, I also had to unpair the Bolt, forget the bluetooth connection in iOS, forget the phone on the Bolt, and repair it back to the app. The app wouldn’t connect at all. I asked support and that is what they said to do and sure enough it all connected as normal again after that.

I keep having this problem despite unpairing and repairing and restarting the phone etc. Seems every time I ride I have to fudge around with the app and Bolt to finally get it
To synch and then I have to upload to Strava manually because it always fails during the upload to Strava. I have to manually “retry”. Now the app stopped syncing mid file and won’t restart. Totally annoying.

Updating the Bolt’s firmware solved the issue for me. If you’ve already tried that, you can always submit an email to support@trainerroad.com to get a response. I think during working hours you can even chat with somebody live while looking at your calendar to try to resolve it with them.

I have had sync issues with my Wahoo Bolt for the last 6 weeks or so. It used to be rock solid and just work. Now usually it has some issue I need to diddle on to get data sync to work. I’ve upgraded to current firmware and app of course.

That’s not all. The Share LiveTrack feature, where it texts a link from the app to show location and data in real time (safety feature for family) always links to an old January ride despite various fix attempts. And after adding a Garmin Varia rear radar, it early in my ride will drop connection with various ANT+ devices . . . radar drops off (dangerous!), cadence, HR and sometimes power too. These reconnect after a minute or so, often fall off multiple times, and the data loss is a problem. I used to love my Wahoo Bolt. It has become a buggy mess.

4 Likes

Same problem here - I thought I was crazy. Does not upload to companion app but I can see my ride in the “history” on the Bolt.
Drops phone connection constantly (this never used to happen). The only resolution I’ve found it to unpair the device completely, forget it from bluetooth and then reconnect from scratch EVERY single ride - which is a massive pain in the butt. But this does prompt upload, albeit a long process.
I used to love the ease and usability of my Wahoo compared to my Garmin devices, but now I’m not so sure I shouldn’t go back to Garmin.

2 Likes