UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

Amazon poland seems to be struggling with my order.
And it’s not available from amazon germany.
At this pace, it will be quicker to wait for Cleva to have their post-brexit process in place (and would turn out cheaper, too!)

Here’s my current setup with the two original Cleva’s on the floor and the Cardio on a chair. All angles covered!

3 Likes

Another potential option for others who like me live in baking hot Equatorial England :laughing: is to combine floor-level Clevas with high-level pedestal fans.

In this setup I’ve a pair of original Clevas on a remote plug (so need to pre-select the fan speed on the two Clevas, unlike their latest fan) for cooling legs and lower torso, with a couple of these 16" remote-contolled Prem-I-Air 16" pedestals covering upper torso and head duties and which I’ve been able to position right up close for maximum coolage.

I paid £30 each for those Prem-I-Airs via Amazon, choosing the “2nd hand” option, which are actually brand-new returns from other customers with no sign of usage whatsoever. These have fan speed control from the remote, and both fans respond in parallel from one remote. The whole setup of four(!) powerful fans + remote plug for the two Clevas cost around 10% less than one Wahoo Headwind and offers serious coolage.

In use, I find turning the fans on/off up/down via the remotes before/during work intervals acts as a bit of mental distraction akin to the to the old “changing hand positions” tactic that plenty of us will be familiar with.

3 Likes

Do you not get a sore neck looking at that screen :wink:

1 Like

No. It’s quite a bit below eye level (maybe difficult to tell from the pic). I always try to keep the head up on long stretches on the aero bars anyway to replicate looking at the road on real rides.

1 Like

If you could develop a way of cooling the air that gets sent forward that would be great :joy: (I understand also not very likely). my cleva is outstanding but in the summer, with the fan near an open window I still struggle with warm air. So much I resorted to ice packs when it got real hot

Got mine yesterday - it’s a great piece of kit. My suggestion for the 2.0 version would be greater variability in terms of the angle - 45 degrees doesn’t quite hit the right spot for me, but a book propped under it solves the issue. Aside from that, very happy!

1 Like

I attached a length of 2" x 1" wood to the base with cable ties to get the angle I wanted on the one pointing at the face (you can just see it in the pic above- the left floor one). Not particularly elegant but works fine.

1 Like

Haha, if it’s shipping from the UK, have fun with customs. Polish customs held up my Exposure lights for 8 days before mailing me the notice…

I think that’s the whole point, they’re shipping from Amazon warehouses.
And I’ve had my share of brexit-induced, cycling related nightmare: My wife gifted me a rocker plates for my birthday, back in January.
I received them last week :expressionless: 2 months of doing the rounds in Poland :expressionless:

I ordered my lights from Amazon too, but they decided to ship them from the UK for fun!

1 Like

Hi! Norwegian here (so not in EU). Any hopes on getting this product available before the summer heat kicks in?

@Cleva_Doug Hi Doug, is the KEEPCOOL code for TrainerRoad users still valid? Am keen to order the Cardio54? Thanks Paul

Hi Paul,

The KEEPCOOL first 100 units went quickly, we are still running the TRAINERROAD10 code.

Thanks
Cleva UK Team.

5 Likes

Thanks Doug. Much appreciated
Paul

I’ve just gone for the remote fan, and noticed it appears not to have the extra plug socket any more (lost in the addition of the remote and paint job).
So I can’t add a desk fan on remote control?

Bit annoying.

I use a desk fan as well as the Cleva with remote control but leave it on throughout the ride. The Cleva fan goes on after the warm up and toggle it during recoveries.

Hi All,

Cardio54 EU plug - stock update
We now have stock for sale across the EU available from Amazon, this should expand to all amazon EU sites soon, available on Amazon DE today. This is the new version with the VDE plug and Multilingual instruction book.

The original AM1202 airmover without remote control is also available with VDE plugs and sockets also on Amazon DE.

We also have more UK stock arriving this week.

I didnt want to add direct links to the forum - so if you want to find links to the products and share please do.

Thanks
Cleva UK Team

6 Likes

There is a -20€ discount on german (maybe others as well) Amazon until end of August → price 80€
That‘s a good deal as they don‘t deliver it to Germany and the Amazon price is usually higher.
You can only use the coupon for one Vacmaster but you can order another one with a different account :slight_smile:

Thank you for that! Just ordered my second one through amazon.de now.

Now I just need to decide if I want to add it next to the one in front or have one in the back to cool the other side of my body as well.

1 Like