Tri stud Sanders beats MDVP in a Zwift race

Pretty cool for Lionel. I would take MDVP 100/100 times on the road or in the dirt for any event that really mattered. That said, easy to root for Lionel and I’m happy for him.

Cycling Magazine Race Recap

YouTube Race

Sanders Race Recap

1 Like

Yeah, I commented on that in an earlier post. To be fair, everybody in that race beat vanderpoel. :smile:

But Sanders used what was supposed to be his disadvantage to his advantage & smoked them all on the hills after softening up the field with a ghosted attack. Clearly, he knows how to play the game.

But once he was away he became Robot Diesel…perpetuating the myth…and as the color commentator said, since it’s very hard to crash in zwift Sanders is probably going to go all the way to the line.

1 Like

Awkward isolation conversation #37: “Honey, it’s official – I now love LS more than I love you. I’d say good-bye but I’m not allowed to go anywhere, soooo…” :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Race Recap was really fun to watch! Lionel seems to be made for these times. :slight_smile:

Yep - fun activity in these tough times but anyone who thinks an Ironman athlete - even one as talented as LS on the bike could live with an elite World tour pro (especially someone like MVDP, Sagan, Greg V etc) …is er….well you don’t need me to say it :grinning:

2 Likes

All-Time Max HR 167 :exploding_head:

1 Like

He’s racing again right now with a few more notable pros…

https://www.velonews.com/events/live-zwift-racing/

1 Like