Traveling week after scheduled recovery. Add extra week to SSBMV1?

Hello! I’m scheduled to travel the week after my scheduled recovery week at the end of SSBMV1. Could I add an extra week to make it so my recovery week lands when I travel? This would make SSBMV1 7 weeks long, instead of 6. If it’s OK to add another week, what should that week look like? Just duplicate week 5?

You may find that 1 extra week will put you in a hole. Recovery afterward may take much longer than you may have time for. Just extend your recovery or find a place to train when travelling hotel gym or LBS for a hire bike

1 Like

This is mentioned in the blog. The advice is to repeat the last week of training before the rest week - week 5, yes. Chad refers this is as “preloading” the strain such that after your return you will be in a better place because of it. You’re essentially taking one more step up before you step back down two on the break. No fear of over reaching due to the break following.

Yes, you might struggle through another week but you can always utilize the standard bailouts to get through. You’ll still be better off than if you do a recovery week before a break. HTH.

1 Like

Possibly, but less likely with SSB1.

1 Like