Then my predicted FTP is 271 and I get a mix of threshold and sweet spot workouts, no VO2.
I’m wondering if it’s better to choose the first option? Then at least I’m going to get some structured VO2 training, as some races are more threshold?
My 2 cents - put the plan in with 3 TR rides per week, then change whichever one of them most represents the race effort to the Zwift race depending on the length, profile etc. Then move that to Tuesday and swap the rest of the days to compensate.
This way you can also play round with seeing the impact on which ride you swap out on the FTP predictions, and mix and match (have VO2 some weeks, threshold others)
Thanks pirnie, it’s a good idea I can experiment with.
What I hadn’t appreciated until now is that the workout I moved from Tuesday to Thursday (in my first screenshot) is marked by TR as the VO2 day. Hence the reason why if I replace it with a Zwift race no VO2 workouts are scheduled in my plan. That’s what appears to be happening anyway, I don’t know if any TR staff could confirm?
The way I look at it is TR AI takes in what I’ve done to date and then what I have input for the future to adapt the plan going forward. What I’ve done to date is what I’ve done, but if what I expect to be doing in the future isn’t in the plan, the plan can’t account for it. I think the best thing for me to do is to create a plan that approximates the amount of riding I expect to be doing, then manually change future workouts to Solo or Group Rides, or add Solo or Group rides if that makes more sense in the schedule. Once each of those rides is completed, AI will take into account what was actually done and adapt accordingly.