Training Camp Structure Advice

I’m planning my own “training Camp”, I am trying to decide on the best structure for this, any advice would be welcome.

Some details about me and my Goals.

• Illness over Christmas/New year 3 weeks off the bike. Basically started from Scratch 20th Jan.
  • Training for Season long Road racing league (April-August), but looking to peak at the end of June.
  • Due to having a new born (Second child) my training time has been reduced. I am going through the low volume plans. Plus about 6 hours of Zone 1/2 a week (Commuting and short weekend ride)
  • Very few rides will be over 1.5 hours

I have a space and permission from the Mrs to do a Training camp from home i’m planning on doing this 22-27 March, taking a week off work. I will be based in my own house but not working (And probebly sleeping in a diffrent room to the baby).

First race is 8 days after the end of this (I’m content i won’t be flying at this point) then there will be another 9 races spread out through the season up to August.

I’m not sure weather I should use this time to simply Do as much Zone2 as i can handle as I don’t have time for long rides most of the rest of the year. Of if I should be including Intervals within these longer rides (And reducing the volume) as I am getting very close to the season at this point.

Feel free to ask more questions, if i have missed anything important here, I want to try and get the most from this week.

1 Like

Bump

I’d use the time to do a lot of long aerobic rides. With the low volume plans, you get a lot of intensity during the week, but, as you said, your time on the bike is limited, so I would use this chance to bank some long rides.

Not sure if that’s a good equivalent, but looking at some of the pro cx riders over the winter, they don’t get a chance to do much training during the season because of the amount of racing. Most of them instead put mini training camps in somewhere warm and do long rides, exactly to build a bit more endurance.

1 Like

Sorry last bump, seeing if i can get any more Advice/experiance.