Hi there, looking for some advice on which plans I should be going after.
Last year (18/19) was the first year back racing CX after a few years out, I’m not particularly competitive and never have been but I enjoy the racing.
I’ve recently got my accreditation for the local track and have been attending regular training sessions there throughout Jan/Feb/March.
12 month goals
- Attend more track sessions, learn more track craft, race tactics/strategies
- Work up to a double century
- Race another season of CX
- Try my hand at racing track league
- Get my 10TT down to under 25min(athletes trial)
Training up to this point
- September - loosely followed CX speciality whilst racing
- January - Couple of weeks off then started SSBLV1
- Just started SSBMV2
FWIW - 187cm, 88kg, 258ftp but I’ve done 280 for 30mins during a TT.
What I think I should be working on
- Strength training for the track
- Loosing a bit of weight
- Short repeated efforts
- 20min efforts
After SSB I had planned
- General build
- Short power build
- CX speciality
I’m having difficulty in deciding what order I should have the different plans, how to fit heavy lifting in for the track and also improve my endurance for longer club runs. Have I too many different objectives for 12 months or is there a better way of arranging this?