TR - Possible to take it a step further?

I have really appreciated TR inviting POC folks onto the podcast lately and beginning to add different perspectives to the podcast, as well as the matching LDF donation. I had an idea that could be in the TR wheelhouse to help further contribute to combatting racism. While I certainly don’t understand the complexities of writing code, could TR build an app that works with TR/Garmin API, so that folks who wanted to, could donate a $1, for example, every time they rode/did a workout, to an organization advocating for BIPOCs? Or 10cents a mile, or some other set donation? It could be set up so at least 50% of each donation goes to an org combatting racism and other 50% could go to local cycling group/trail advocacy. Just a thought.

1 Like

While it certainly would be more economical from a payment processing fees standpoint, I think most people, myself included, would not plan that far into the future as to set aside money every paycheck for 12 months to donate based on projected end of year mileage. That’s why apps like Qapital, etc. are successful - they help people automatically save small amounts a little at a time, making goals more attainable. The same would be true for what I was proposing. And the whole point of the proposal was a staunch and strong commitment to anti-racism and supporting BIPOCs orgs. So since you prefer donating to local animal/wildlife orgs, this would probably not be your cup of tea.

Errrrm yeah, welcome to the forum.

1 Like