Any chance of new feature "TR Racing"?

With all that’s going on these days, any chance TR will add a new “feature” of virtual racing?

Sounds like a great idea?

I would imagine they believe that part of the market is relatively saturated by other players. If they had intentions of doing that then they probably would have already done so.

Not likely to happen. Their past statements and the current options already in place, would make a very large uphill battle. There’s little for them to gain without massive amounts of time and effort to add in a feature like that. It just doesn’t seem like a great option for them, especially based on Nate’s comments in the past.

We’re working on some awesome stuff. Nothing is off the table (as long as it makes you faster). We hope to delight everyone.

:metal:

39 Likes

:exploding_head:

7 Likes

Heck yeah!! No reason to have dual membership with Zwift then lol

Be awesome to be able to have interaction (racing) against other TR members

2 Likes

Take my money.

:grin:

3 Likes

Since you won’t be wasting time traveling for conferences, races, doing other worldly CEO stuff or simply going out to eat, I expect that time line to be sooner than later!!!

3 Likes

The problem with any sort of virtual race, whether it’s over the interwebz or a live indoor studio, is power meter reading variation. They’re never consistent and someone will always have an unfair advantage.

1 Like

with all my group rides being cancelled I did turn to Zwift for group rides and TR for workouts. I know most people in my club prefer TR. It’d be awesome if it could be an add on subscription or something.

2 Likes

Please oh please make Disaster into a race. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

@Nate_Pearson: I wonder as a simple basic first step for TR into this realm is hosting virtual group workouts. Say groups of 50 or so you could join at a particular time for a particular workout. This group would have an open chat function and some sort of special visual where you could see all of the group members stats, toggle on/off specific riders you want to follow, etc. During recovery valleys members could chat, ask for advice if they’re struggling or simply commiserate. Possibly users could host their own group workouts for like minded racers (ie: MTB, TT, Tri). Maybe create teams for those following the same plan at the same time.

In essence you’d all be suffering together at the same time doing the same thing. Could be quite motivating and community building.

11 Likes

:heart_eyes:

If not racing, then why not virtual group training sessions similar to an in-person spin class? Sounds like Peloton, right? :slight_smile:

Locally here in Dallas, all of the weekday/weekend crits and group rides are organizing those things on Zwift now. I imagine Zwift is picking up some new membership out of it too.

3 Likes

Looks like I may have been wrong?! I really thought they had pretty strongly said they were against moving into that space but obviously they have something cooking. I’m pretty interested in see what it is they have in the works

2 Likes

Ditto to that

1 Like

One bit of speculation (among many rolling in my head) is a possible connection between the “compliance” aspect of workouts (that they have hinted at) and using that as one (of many?) way to “score” riders against themselves in prior efforts, the “ideal” workout, and even other riders.

3 Likes

I love this, and as weird as this sounds, I would hope it would be as graphically minimal as the current TR app. Maybe each rider is represented as a single numbered box, then a white outline showing the “draft zone”. Your “speed” is then a function only of %FTP and if you’re in the draft zone or not. Like literally something that you could run on an Atari 2600. I would LOVE that!

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers:

How about preliminary roll-out dates so everyone can have something to look forward to? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed.