TR Meetup 90 Min Workout via Zwift 12/28 at 8am est

Created and sent the request to everyone that is on my Zwift FR for this upcoming Saturday 12/28 for 90 minutes.

We will be riding together and fire up your TR app to control the trainer/workout and the Zwift ain the background. I am riding Andrews but you can ride whatever you want or for how ever you want. Anyone else want in, send me a FR and I will invite you.

Edit: just a fyi make you don’t show up late as it wont let you join since zwift has not coded that yet.

3 Likes

I’m interested in trying this. I’m on zwift but haven’t tried running both TR and zwift together. How do you connect to both and have TR control the trainer?

I use 2 ant+ sticks. Pair TR as usual and then on Zwift pair all but the controllable trainer. You don’t need 2 ant+ sticks and can use ant+/Bt combo if you want. Just make sure the controllable trainer is not paired in Zwift.

2 Likes

I’ll give that a go thanks

1 Like

A good guide with multiple options.

Great. Just make sure you show up before the time as Zwift wont let you show up late via the meetup function.

1 Like

I’ll try using ant+ on my phone for TR and BT on my apple TV for zwift.

2 Likes

Sounds cool. What’s your Zwift handle so I can FR you?

Sounds great and awesome to have another join

Sounds great! I often do my TR workouts with Zwift for visual distraction. Eric, I sent you a FR.

Sounds good. Hope to see you on Sat.

Sent you a friend request @ericallenboyd. Not sure if the timings will work out for this side of the pond but always up for a ride if I can.

Not been let down by the Wahoo one so far. Although I also have the Suunto and it was much cheaper.

Ant+ dongle for a laptop?

I have two sticks like this style. Bought mine a while back so not the same brand.

USB ANT+ Stick Compatible with Garmin Forerunner 310XT 405 405CX 410 610 910 011-0… https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01NBJ8E38/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_D5lbEbS9T9TES

@ericallenboyd sent you a fr. I will try and join at 13:00 UK time if i am free. I have Boarstone to do tomorrow.

Question from someone who’s not a Zwifter, just Zwift curious. If you guys meetup to start a ride together, but have differing W/Kg and each do different TR workouts how do you stay together on the Zwift roads?

If you do a meetup as per the screenshot above you will see the option to “keep everyone together”. Generally, scheduled group workouts on Zwift do the same. If we just met at a certain time on a route without the meetup option then w/kg would come into effect and each rider would need to self adjust to keep the group together.

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. Have a good ride!

Cool. Sent back and added you. See you there

1 Like