Totally New Desktop App! šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰ šŸŽ‰

1. I trust my laptop more than my Pixel 3, or any phone for that matter. I also find that itā€™s also a lot easier to look at a PC (screen size) and I have it on for Netflix anyways.

2. It doesnā€™t bother me.

4 Likes

As already covered it works well.

But for reference, this covers all the ways you can blend both apps.

1 Like

This is done in effort to account for the inherent resistance adjustment lag (delay) present in smart trainers, and the desire to get the power data matched with the interval timing.

It gets closer than having the start/end at the dead zero. People complain when the yellow power data is too far offset from the blue target intervals. This is also true when reviewing interval data after. Without the preset start/end, each interval seems ā€œshortā€ because of the trainer delay.

So they shift the trainer signal 2 seconds early to try and get them closer, since there is no way to remove the trainer delay.

3 Likes

Cheers Chad - I actually hadnt noticed that before!:see_no_evil:

After using the new site -very nice but all a bit on the ā€˜dark sideā€™!

2 Likes

Iā€™ll eat my hat if TrainerRoad doesnā€™t know how many of their users are doing workouts on desktop versus mobile.

10 Likes

Gotcha.
Itā€™s been flawless for me on all platforms. Was just wondering. Iā€™m sure they wouldnā€™t do something this big without good cause.

1 Like

Caught me by surprise because it doesnā€™t do that when I use the mobile version.

Interesting, because I notice the difference in Android mobile as well. Itā€™s possible they adjusted the timing, but the shift is present in all platforms AFAIK.

Maybe @Nate_Pearson, @Bryce, @Ming, @Brittany can shed light on the situation?

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

Iā€™ve been meaning to ask:

• Would TR reps like us mods to move the ā€œbugā€ related posts into the correct thread or leave them here with a redirect post like above?

That would be helpful for organizing everything. Iā€™m not sure how many bugs were reported in this thread that arenā€™t in the other already. But migrating them over could save some time in the future. If you donā€™t mind, that would be super awesome, Chad!

Iā€™d also like to remind everyone else that our bug reporting thread is here: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App. Posting in that thread will make it easier for us to create issues and be as responsive as possible, so please post bugs/issues there! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Happy to do it :smiley: (as the resident clean freak). I will start by moving any new posts over.

I am happy to roll back and capture the existing ones in this thread too (as part of the overall cleanup).

You actually donā€™t even need to worry with resizing the window if you run the TR-Z move widget from ZwiftHacks in the background. :wink:

3 Likes

I can assure you this was a measured business decision backed up by data. :nerd_face: :wink:

I donā€™t want to give out specific metrics because I donā€™t want to give that info to competitors.

17 Likes

I use only a Windows laptop. I donā€™t have a way to attach a phone on my handbike.

1 Like

Hi- I donā€™t see where I can turn on workout stats in the new desktop app. while i was in workout mode this morning, it wasnā€™t showing an option.
thanks!
Justin

Look to the right side between the top stats and bottom graph, click the [Stats] arrow.

3 Likes

thanks! during VO2 max, not so clearā€¦

4 Likes

I use TR almost daily on a MacBook Pro.

1 Like

I exclusively use TR on my MacBook Air for workouts. I donā€™t own a tablet and have no interest in buying one, as I honestly donā€™t really see where it would serve any of my purposes better than what I currently own. I do have the app installed on my iPhone, but Iā€™ve never used it even once to run workouts since joining and donā€™t really intend to either.

5 Likes