Totally New Desktop App! 🎉 🎉 🎉

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

@Nate_Pearson, are the Kicker Climb now supported with Ant + ?

No, it’s still only BT, sorry.

is that planned to change or will BLE mobile be the only supported platform for the Climb?

This makes me happy! :grin:

Looking forward to trying this tonight…

I actually came here to ask something else so Ill put it here instead of a new thread

Is there any way of saving workouts (not on the calendar)?? Sometimes I dont know how long Ill have train so for sprints for example I have a selection of workouts I use ranging from 20 minutes to an hour, but everytime I have to go through the workout filter list and find them again, or load 4 or 5 workouts in to the calendar.
Was just wondering if there was anywhere to save ‘favourite’ workouts??

There is a Favorite option for sure on mobile. Open any workout and click the start (make it yellow). Those show in the Favorites section.

Desktop is similar. Also, they are reworking the whole setup so these Favorite workouts are common between all platforms. But that is a ways off for implementation.

3 Likes

Just BLE for the climb for now.

1 Like

Any chance we will eventually see a smaller target power next to the current one to show you what the power requirements of the next interval will be. I usually try to spin up or gear correctly on my Road Machine and usually end up overshooting the target when the intervals change.

2 Likes

We’ve got a designer exploring this idea; no promises though.

2 Likes

Since the beta desktop is now developed under Electron, might we see a linux-compatible version? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No, I’m sorry. It just has too little market share.

2 Likes

going to try the beta tonight with mac os 10.15 beta, current prod build crashes when you start a ride for me but App launches fine

curious,
has anyone tried running the desktop app side by side with zwift?

is it just as simple as having two different usb ANT+ dongles on the same laptop?

Hi there!

My understanding is that we have quite a few users who do this. While I’ve never done it myself, it should be as simple as having two ANT+ dongles on one computer and running both applications at the same time. You’ll want to make sure that Zwift isn’t controlling Erg mode on your trainer. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I used it today.

1. it is very nice but…I don’t know how many people are still on desktops. It seems like everyone has access to a phone or tablet. I couldn’t help but wonder if the time spent on this could’ve been used on something better.

2. anyone else irritated that the interval start and end a couple seconds too early?

3. I think the calendar functionality of the desktop is very nicely done.

1 Like

I do it all the time on my MacBook Pro as follows:

• Start and setup TR using ANT+.
  • Put TR in minimal mode.
  • Enable Bluetooth.
  • Start and setup Zwift.
  • Resize Zwift to fit in the screenspace above TR.

Works great!

edit: Make sure that your trainer is NOT paired in Zwift. Otherwise, TR and Zwift will have a deathmatch over control of the trainer resistance w/you being the one who dies!

2 Likes

Including myself, I can think of 10 friends who are on TR, all of which use the desktop. The main reason is ANT+. iPhones and iPads don’t do ANT+. Another reason is that certain power meters are ANT+ only. For example, my p2max power meter does not do BLE. One friend tried using TR via BLE on his iPhone. He had nothing but problems (signal interference causing dropouts) and went back to a rock solid stable ANT+ desktop TR configuration. Also, many of us are using our phones or tablets for music, chat, Netflix, etc., while doing TR on our desktops.

I imagine that when workouts are uploaded, TR knows which platform was used (i.e., Mac, iOS, Win) :thinking:

9 Likes

Ran the beta today with no issues on mac os 10.15, really enjoying the new UI