Totally New Desktop App! 🎉 🎉 🎉

:heart_eyes: Absolutely gorgeous! Very nice UI update, subtle but significant. And THANK YOU for finally bringing back the keyboard shortcuts to the Mac :pray:

Cannot wait to try it out tomorrow!

If you need help w/Traditional Chinese translation let me know. It is not as simple as converting the Simplified Chinese to the equivalent Traditional Chinese characters.

1 Like

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App

I’m sure this will be obvious once I try it, but when you press M to go from Erg to Resistance, does it stay at the current/last resistance level, or does all the resistance fall off to some low default (which is what currently happens, and is annoying mid-interval). I would probably use M quite a bit once the Erg mode get’s the resistance dialed in on some of the middle / longer intervals.

1 Like

I for one won’t be using this. But all I can say is way to go! A lot of effort in for a very good product. When my daughter goes back to school I might be able to move my bike near the computer!!!

Amazing how much work is going on at TR!!!

1 Like

When toggled, the resistance will go to the last known/set value - not to a default. Let us know if this isn’t the case for you once you’re able to give it a whirl. :slight_smile:

1 Like

At this point, we have not determined the complete system requirements. One major change is that we will no longer be supporting Yosemite, but since El Capitan is one version newer, you should be good to go :+1:.

2 Likes

We’re working to make that a reality :slight_smile:

Thank you for the feedback, I will pass this onto the team.

Neat! I can’t install to check myself at the moment, but any improvements to Minimal mode?

1 Like

@Geoff - is there a way to calculate watts at a given resistance # / gearing / cadence combo for a specific trainer? That is, if I’m using a Wahoo Kickr Gen 1 trainer, but want to do certain intervals in resistance mode, it would be ideal if I could preset the resistance number so that at say 95 rpm, in a specific gear, I would be doing XXX watts.

We don’t currently offer a way to calculate this, and the new apps haven’t changed that. I’ll bring up the idea to the team as a feature request. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!

Can’t wait to try this out.

Just crossing my fingers my 2009 MacBook will run it :smiley: I was already on the limit with the old one.

Minimal mode got some love, although there’s still a bit more work to do with it (largely around scaling/resizing the window).

Here is a quick look at it - it’s using mock device data so it’s not following the workout profile.

10 Likes

Yessss, can’t wait to try it out!

1 Like

I can’t wait, it will make TrainerRoad complete. :crazy_face:

Any work on making minimal mode more transparent so we can see videos we are watching a little easier?

6 Likes

wow so much better looking than the old desktop version:+1::smiley:

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bug Reports for the new Desktop App