๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰The New TrainerRoad iOS App is LIVE!๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Great update. Would love to be able to โ€œdrag and dropโ€ on the calendar though. Iโ€™m constantly shuffling things around to fit in with work / life commitments.

4 Likes

Iโ€™ve been running on the iOS Beta (through TestFlight) for a few months to correct a sync issue with the now-old iOS version. Itโ€™s very good - love the ability to modify the calendar in the mobile app, even if itโ€™s not drag-and-drop. The only flaw Iโ€™ve seen is some sync issues with recent workouts, which show as completed by have the โ€˜hazyโ€™ thumbnail (where itโ€™s out-of-focus blue bottom/black top). When that happens, the refresh button at the top does not correct it, I need to kill and restart the app.

I do not use the iOS app to execute workouts, so canโ€™t comment on that part.

1 Like

Thatโ€™s really valuable guidance. Itโ€™s a shiny new toy and Iโ€™ve already been messing with it trying figure out the impact :grin:. Now I can just set it and avoid going down that rabbit hole.

1 Like

Thank you, Nate, for the reply. Canโ€™t wait for the new functionality.

1 Like

A couple of quick questions:

1. Are group workouts planned for iOS?

2. Will powermatch 2.0 appear on desktop?

Thanks!

2 Likes

Iโ€™m having trouble modifying my plan in the app. How do I push, copy, or move a week?

On the iPad the calendar is stuck showing vertical and I canโ€™t find a way to view it horizontal. Is this intentional? Itโ€™s frustrating with my setup.

1 Like

Did you make sure you didnโ€™t have screen rotation locked?

I have the same issue.

@stevious Group Workouts are planned for iOS and Powermatch 2.0 is on desktop right now.

@Pbase You arenโ€™t able to push/copy/move weeks in mobile, but you are able to modify your existing plan with Plan Builder

@MI-XC It should be functional in both landscape and portrait. If you donโ€™t have screen rotation locked, please reach out to support@trainerroad.com and weโ€™ll see what is going on.

4 Likes

My workout screen goes horizontal, but the rest of the app only functions vertical. Screen lock isnโ€™t on? Should I reach out for that?

1 Like

Please do! We want orientation fully working for you.

1 Like

exactly the same issue for me this morning on my workoutโ€ฆotherwise itโ€™s a big improvement

1 Like

Same and I reported to support.

1 Like

Is there any way of changing the font size on the display now. As Iโ€™m optically challenged, I will now need to use glasses to read the in-ride instructions which is not particularly comfortable or practical.

7 Likes

Yes.

Did โ€žAndrewsโ€œ yesterday an it was silky. like a purring cat.

And Powermatch is working smoothly now with my Kickr Snap and Stages!

Looking forward to my next Ramptest wich regularly failed estimating the right ftp with the PM.

greetings, arne

3 Likes

Hi Pete,

To be fair, if you canโ€™t drag and drop workouts or push/pull/copy weeks, I donโ€™t see how this new functionality compares at all to building/modifying a plan with the website. I would change this wording.

2 Likes

I had quite a extensive favourite workouts that are now gone, is this just me or everyone?

3 Likes

โ€ฆsame hereโ€ฆ

Favorites didnโ€™t sync with this update due to us changing app framework. Weโ€™ve always had a hard time syncing favorites between apps and we faced a similar situation syncing them with this update. Weโ€™re going to work on a better solution that encompasses all platforms for this and weโ€™re sorry we didnโ€™t make it happen for this update.

If you havenโ€™t already, shuffle through some TrainNow workouts and see what you think. This uses the AT system to find the right workout for you based on your progression levels. Using the new workout filters are also super helpful if you have a favorite workout type (short, shorts, bursts, etc.) .We also have some stuff in the works thatโ€™ll launch with AT that should help provide an easier way to find alternates to specific workouts too.

2 Likes