๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰ The New TrainerRoad Android App is LIVE! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰

Still seeing 0 tss and 0 hours for the current weekโ€ฆ

ERG mode seems much more responsive now, especially when standing up during intervals.
In the early versions I noticed an irritating drop in resistance when standing up, but it works great now. See the last interval in these two workouts (Kaweah with the newer version). Nice work!!

I didnโ€™t lose it, but I canโ€™t re-sunc, so itโ€™s almost the same

Just a quick heads up that trying to alter the weekly schedule for a block is broken on my app. So much so that my entire plan has now vanished after applying the latest update( this morning).
Last night I contacted TR support after my plan builder plan went haywire and dropped down to 3 WO/week on days that refused to budge. TR support manually adjusted my plan to suit which I was OK with. The swap from Build to Spec sounded pretty good. :kissing_heart:
The TR support crew are always very helpful and quick to respond. They rock.

I know that thereโ€™s a whole lot going on behind the scenes right now. That doesnโ€™t change the fact that Iโ€™d struggle to recommend the app unless I was willing to babysit that person through all of the features that donโ€™t quite work yet.
Donโ€™t get me wrong. I love the updated apps and where things are going. In the meantime it would be awesome if the basics continued to work as expected.
Thatโ€™s all.

Same/similar issue here. Canโ€™t update a block from the app. I am met with a blank screen that just says โ€œupdateโ€ in red at the bottom. I made changes through the web and it all worked but worth noting as bug

I canโ€™t even update through the website. I got a DiCaprio spinner.
Game over man. Iโ€™m taking the day off the bike and Iโ€™ll try again later.

Lots of love for the TR crew here. Itโ€™s an awkward conversation when youโ€™re dealing with the best in class UI and it stops being user friendly.
Fortunately, their level of development is also best in class. No doubt my immediate problems will be fixed in record time as per usual.

1 Like

Iโ€™ve no idea whatโ€™s going on here with the new app. Missing TR workout images and something weird in todayโ€™s date slotโ€ฆ

Still seeing the issue with all TR indoor workouts showing as a blank image with TR on it. This bug has been around a while now

@Pete

This new version is awful. Thereโ€™re problems with ERG mode (I have to reset app, didnt have this before), the back button doesnt work. There is warning about location when ANT+ turned on (it was fixed in old app) - theres no need to use location for ANT+โ€ฆ so it would be great if this popup would be turned off

When are you going to fix it? Sorry but I dont understand why you redesigned GOOD and WORKING app

It didnโ€™t work for me, and for me ERG works much better in the new app. I guess they redesigned it to make it a good working app for more people, not just a few. Unfortunately that doesnโ€™t sound like they have captured your set up. I hope they sort it out for you soon.

I canโ€™t get ANT+ to work with the new app. It shows as being switched on, but the app doesnโ€™t find the trainer. It only works in Bluetooth, which I never have switched on, because it drains the battery. And as above, I have to have location on too, which is another waste of battery.

Also the issue in the calendar where current time completed and TSS during the week donโ€™t show is still an issue. This bugs me every time I look at the app.

+1 on the weekly TSS not updating, itโ€™s really really bugging me and canโ€™t believe itโ€™s not been sorted yet. I still also get a blurry thumbnail of my completed rides and have to keep refreshing for it to appear properly.

Had this very ugly looking segment the other day, looks like the spacing of text labels isnโ€™t properly updated and theyโ€™re all running together.

The bottom section (times) of the workout screen is unreadable on my new Galaxy A42 5Gโ€ฆ

Screenshot_20210514-181202_TrainerRoad

@Pete

For some reason calendar is showing 6:30 hours for this week but thereโ€™s only 6:00 hours of activity :thinking:

As I understand itโ€ฆ

• Until the week is complete, that โ€œHOURSโ€ number displayed alongside the Week number represents the total duration of scheduled calendar activities in that week.
  • Once the week is complete it changes to displaying two numbers: total actual / total scheduled.

That being the case, it suggests youโ€™d scheduled 6.5 hours of activities this week in your calendar, so check that.

There should probably be some labels, but screen space is tight esp. on mobile. Web could use hover tooltips perhaps.

Still seeing this error 500 when trying to amend the date of an event in the calendar. I raised this weeks agoโ€ฆ

Are TR no longer monitoring this thread?

Probably best to hit up support again :slight_smile:

1 Like

My app sucks. On Android ssung galaxy S9.

Still been having unloaded workout thumbnails on my calendar screen, been likes this for a few months now. I always try to refresh/reload but it doesnt fix it.

I contacted support last week and they just said to do the things I was already doing.
I tried logging in/out and deleting the app.

Anyway, now I donโ€™t even get the greyed out thumbnail, just an empty black box with the workout name.

It also always only opens on the train now/career page which I donโ€™t want.
Iโ€™d prefer it to open in my calendar.