The Black Bibs: feedback?

Soo…I just googled these to check them out. I recommend buying them direct and not from wish.

1 Like

Wait wait, I didn’t realize they were sold outside of Wish…no wonder all my friends told me to use them indoors and not on group rides

1 Like

They are fine, and reasonable value for the cost.

2 Likes

He gets paid to say that

5 Likes

The problem with these kinds of drop-shipped purchases is: you never know exactly what it is you’re going to get. I ordered some amazon base layer shirts and they were as good as the big-name Swiss brand (might have even been the same, without the branding). So later, I ordered some more, and they had totally changed. They can easily pull a bait and switch by selling you the good stuff until they get good reviews, then selling bottom of the barrel stuff to all the latecomers.

Hey y’all, just giving a little feedback on my Black Bibs experience for anyone searching.

I’ve had a pair of the regulars, plus, and now ultimates.

• The regulars are great if you’re training at home and it’s what you can afford. Over the years my booty has started to appreciate the chamois in these less, but for a while I didn’t know any better and they were great. If I were building up a rotation of bibs, I think these are totally sufficient.

• The plus is nice if you get along well with the chamois. Where I’m at now, I don’t think it’s worth the upgrade for the leg gripper.

• The Ultimates are a huge step up. The chamois is great. I like these exactly as much as I like my Velocio Luxe bibs, which are triple the price and are tied with the ultimates for my favorite bibs. I find the straps on the ultimates very comfortable and stretchy. The chamois is top notch. The fabric is noticeable less premium to the touch and eye on close inspection than the Velocios, but that’s fine. My butt can’t tell the difference and my shoulders actually prefer the Ultimates. The straps are a big deal because I’m 6’5" (195cm) but slim, so I wear a medium in all of these.

2 Likes

Wanted to throw my 2 cents in too. I have a pair of the plus women’s bibs. I’m not a fan, I can’t even wear them for 1/2 an hour before getting uncomfortable. This is for indoor workouts, i’m hoping they’ll be of some use for short outdoor rides. The chamois just does not cut it, it’s too short, so there is really no way to fix this. Also the legs are much shorter than other bib shorts (not sure if the men’s bibs have this same issue). I’m tempted to try the ultimates but I feel like at that point you can get quality pairs of bibs for a similar price once they’re on sale.

I have a couple pairs of the ultimate that work great. Huge step up from the $40 pairs. I also have a couple pairs of the $40 ones that work fine for 60-90 minute rides on the trainer.

What other pairs would you be looking at in the $80 range?

I guess because i’m in Canada I have to factor in cost of delivery and duties/taxes into the price of the black bibs so at that point the ultimates are the same price as another better quality pair that’s on sale

Does anyone have much experience with the other items like the: arm warmers, summer (or winter) long sleeve jerseys, or the wind vest?

Not these specific items, but I have a few of the summer short sleeve jerseys and I love them, but I wish the sleeves were slightly longer. I also have one of the aero jerseys and love it, too, but it is TIGHT in the size I normally wear. Aero fit to be sure but a rude awakening to my off-season body :grimacing:

1 Like

I just picked up their wind vest this year and it is great. I do not have another cycling specific wind vest to compare it to - but for the cost it has worked great.

I have 4 pairs. Have mainly used them indoors, but they’ve been solid on the handful of outdoor rides I’ve had them on. For $40/pair, well worth the money to me.

I see a lot of comments around the chamois size and the padding being uncomfortable, that’s not been my experience. One of the more comfortable bibs I’ve owned. For the money they’re great.

I got the winter long sleeve jersey and have frankly found it a bit underwhelming as far as warmth goes. Wind goes right through it so I pretty much always wear arm warmers and a base layer underneath my bibs to keep warm enough.

I tried the black knickers and was very disappointed.
There is a vertical seam that runs along the back of the leg and rubs right behind my knee in the bend of the joint. After an hour, I had to turn around and cut my ride short because i developed an open sore where the seam was rubbing on my skin. Can’t wear these again.

+1 to this. I just got a pair of the Ultimates and I get along great with them. I’m most picky about the leg grippers on shorts and love the wide band on these.

1 Like

I have to say that I have change my mind since I posted this. I have a pair of black bibs and a pair of Pactimo.
The Pactimo bib is a superior choice. The $40 price difference (on sale) was 100% worth it.
thats all.

1 Like

Sorry… I am not smart…
I meant Pactimo…

But statement is the same…
Pactimo bibs on sale are very good deal

2 Likes

What blows my mind is there are people who like the BB chamois. I realize we are all different and have different anatomy, but they were honestly worse than just wearing gym shorts for me.

3 Likes