Tarmac SL7 Release date

That’s the thing that jumped out at me about this bike. Once you’re up to speed it holds it well without having to put out a ton of power.

The downside is that I really struggle to do an easy endurance ride on this because the bike just wants to go fast.

1 Like

I was noticing this today. I went out to my local climb after a hard day yesterday and I was gonna climb easy but the bike made me hammer up the climb. It’s almost like the bike struggles while going slow, it definitely comes alive going fast.

I guess I shouldn’t overlook the fact that it’s only my third ride on the bike and of course I’m gonna want to go fast.

…Also I can’t express enough how well this things handles. It literally feels like its on rails and reacts so quickly to user input.

1 Like

This. I feel like every time I go out the bike wants to turn the ride into an ITT :joy:

1 Like

New colorways right around the corner:
Sand and Gold, Carbon and yellow, Blue Yellow, Blue Metallic, Carbon Chrome, Black and red.

2 Likes

Is ‘In stock’ included in that?

1 Like

Obviously not :joy:.
Limited quantities available at launch.

yesterday at Trek LBS:
me - that new crimson/black colorway on the Emonda SL6 and Domane SL6 is sick
manager - right? bro you need one!
me - make it happen
manager - (pulling up inventory) ugh, 2022, and not much better on Project One
me - what else you got?
manager - bro you need to go to Excel Sports or Mikes Bikes and get that in-stock Tarmac SL7 Comp

in stock for the win :joy:

5 Likes

:smile: :smile: :smile:

these are some strange times.

1 Like

Are these colors s-works only?

The ones I named, yes, but there will be new non SWorks ones, too

I don’t suppose you have any more info to share on this?

Frames only? Dates, photos, etc. Anything like that?

Nope, I just saw words and tiny images on a computer screen at my LBS

1 Like

Does anyone have any insight? I want to convert my Force Axs 1x crankset to 2x ( tarmac sl7 force axs 1x) do I need different chainring bolts or can I use the ones I have on it?

did any of the tiny words say “dura ace 9200” or so?

LOL, “Hope springs eternal…”

Yet to be released next model year of a bike, with yet to be released or officially acknowledged group… from a company well known to be late to actually deliver newly released product… in the midst of the toughest manufacturing time in the recent history of bikes…

Don’t count me as optimistic on that happening in this calendar year, and late next year would be optimistic at best considering recent forecasting I have seen.

That’s what happened to me earlier in the summer. Considering Emonda or SL7. Trek LBS told me December at that time. Found a SL7 expert but had to drive 8 hours to pick it up. Could not be happier with my time and purchase. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

bummer :slight_smile:

only 2 rides on my (upgraded) SL7 Comp, and so far this bike is fantastic :tada: and exceeds my expectations :+1:

4 Likes

Upgrades: SRAM Red power meter crank, and Enve 5.6 disc wheels (tubeless Pirelli Cinturato 26c with 40ml Orange Seal).

The crank upgrade cut roughly 0.5 to 0.7 pounds:

Source: SRAM Rival AXS review: This is the wireless setup you’ve been waiting for - CyclingTips

No idea about the wheels, but likely cut some weight there too.

After visiting the fitter I’ll put the Enve aero handlebars on.

1 Like

Great! I got the Expert – same carbon as the pro – I already had the CL50 Roval wheelset. Waiting on the Rapide aero handlebars. The bike is tanstastic! My setup comes just at 8kg. Favero pedals are heavy. :grinning: