Syncing to Garmin Connect, Strava, and TrainingPeaks: What settings are you using?

I’d like to sync my TrainerRoad works to Garmin Connect, Strava, and TrainingPeaks. In the past when I tried this, I ended up getting duplicate workouts on Strava and TrainingPeaks. Which was probably a configuration issue.

Right now I have:

• Garmin Connect pushing workouts to Strava & TrainingPeaks - outdoor workouts recorded on my Garmin Edge 820
  • TrainerRoad pushing workouts to Strava & TrainingPeaks - indoor TrainerRoad workouts

If you are syncing between these three, what sync options have you set in each one so that workouts sync, and aren’t duplicated in any one.

TrainerRoad syncs to Garmin (when it’s working), Strava and Dropbox (Strava then syncs to Training Peaks)

Outdoors - Garmin to Strava (to Training Peaks).

I have a Elemnt Bolt and that syncs with Strava and Training Peaks and that’s the only duplicate issue I have (after I do the manual import to Connect of a Bolt ride, via dropbox).

Edge 520

Garmin Connect pushes to:

• Strava
  • TrainerRoad
  • TrainingPeaks

TrainerRoad pushes to:

• Garmin Connect
  • Dropbox
  • Strava
  • TrainingPeaks

No duplicates.

4 Likes

@bbarrera

Thanks. I will try your setup

Were you able to get your RideSync set up with no duplicates @AlphaDogCycling?

@Bryce - I will find out later today when I do a TrainerRoad workout. I will let you know what happens.

1 Like

@Bryce,

@bbarrera settings worked perfectly. Today’s ride sync’d to Garmin Connect, TrainingPeaks, and Strava without any duplicates.

1 Like

:+1:

Right on! So glad to hear it :+1:

Indoor:
TR sync to Garmin, which has its own sync to TP/Strava.

Outdoor:
Edge syncs to Garmin, which uses the same sync as above to push to TP/Strava.

No duplicates, no fuss.

The only issue with the schemes mentioned below is that if you care about Garmin performance metrics then they say they only include rides captured on a Garmin device. So, if you want indoor rides to count into the Gamin metrics then you need to record indoor rides on your Garmin computer as well as in TR. hen you get duplicates. If you don’t care about Garmin metrics then the methods mentioned in this thread work fine.

For now I record all of my rides (indoor and outdoor) on a Garmin device. This results in duplicates in TP and Strava. They only take 15 seconds to delete so that works fine for me.

1 Like

This is the exact question I was about to ask, thanks for answering it :slight_smile:
Do you know if Garmin performance needs power and distance to calculate or just power. Deciding if I need to use power meter (just power) or Wahoo kickr core (Power and estimated distance) The Kickr is less accurate for power readings

I am not 100% sure since Garmin never says. However, my trainer rides on GC (from my Garmin watch) all show the training effect and other metric. I am pretty sure that they just use time, power, and heartrate.

1 Like