Sustainable power build plan and FTP change

Hi there,
Apologies if I run the question being asked. I didn’t find anything in existing topics. So wanted to get your opinion.
I started Build phase - Sustainable Power plan. So I reached the middle of it and there was the FTP test as part of the plan. So far my FTP increased on 7%. But It didn’t update in my profile and didnt affected for further workouts in the plan. So I thought the main idea of having ftp in the mid of plan to revisit ftp and read just further workouts. Can you advise?

Are you certain that you clicked/pressed “Accept the new FTP” when presented with the option at the completion of the FTP Test?

• If you accidentally said no/discard or whatever the “No” option is… you would have been left with the original FTP.

• If you click “Accept…”, it will update in your profile and be used as the new FTP for all future workouts.

I suspect you might have hit the other option. It happens a fair bit when you consider the state that most of us are when when that option is presented.

You can also contact support@trainerroad.com for more direct help. They can possible track when you tested and what happened.

Yeah, I’m sure I tapped “Accept”. So I updated manually in my profile to new one. Hence all the workouts FTP updated as well. So I run the workout yesterday and was almost dead after. So I was thinking - probably FTP should not change to further workouts - this is why I posted this topic

It is supposed to update. A 7% change in 3 weeks is big, and the sustained power build second half is really hard. No doubt the workouts will tax you - they’ve been crushing me for a lot of reasons.

That said if you can complete them but they’re hard, you’re right on track and should keep going. If you can’t, you have a number of options to reduce intensity during the workout or you can manually reduce FTP.

2 Likes

Got it! Thanks for the sharing. Your experience encouraged me to keep on :slight_smile:

2 Likes