Strava Raises Prices But Can’t Tell You How Much It Costs Anymore

I mostly use Strava just to follow what my friends are doing. I mostly ride solo just because I prefer controlling my own schedule but occasionally ride with one local guy. We don’t ride together frequently so I’ll make sure to give him a Kudos in Strava just as a way to say hello without having to have an actual text discussion.

2 Likes

It’s likely just slow. There have been a few connection issues to/from Strava in the last weeks, it usually sorts itself after a while.

1 Like

I hope. The other choices are bad…

something interesting, because of the Fatmap takeover by Strava I saw that https://recoverathletics.com/
was taken over too, which you can use as a Strava Premium user for free

after registration i received this information by mail:
Strava and Recover share a subscription. All Strava subscribers have automatic access to 100% of Recover’s content. Since you connected a premium Strava account, you have access to all premium features on both apps. Please let us know if you have any questions!..

I canceled my paid subscription. The main thing I like about it is the training info. I like looking at my fitness score. I believe that number is something akin to ctl. Am I correct in this? What are my options for this info when my paid sub lapses and I’m on the free version?

intervals.icu

11 Likes

I tried the ‘Recover’ app but I got sick of it popping up with recommendations to stretch at inconvenient times. I’d rather stretch at a time I find convenient.

1 Like

My score goes up when I’m doing lots of long & frequent outdoors rides (arguably wearing me out and making me less fit) and goes down when I’m doing shorter rides and shorter trainer sessions (which are arguably making me more fit) :exploding_head: You are not missing much :+1:

1 Like

To close the loop on my post 8 days ago… My annual payment was £39.99, an amount that was unchanged since I switched from a monthly to a yearly payment scheme in June 2017. Previously, between Feb 2016, when I started my subscription to Strava, through May 2017, the monthly rate was steady at £3.99 per month.

As @dcrainmaker noted, there’s no option to change location. Further, the price adjustment seems to not have included any effort to adjust the location. I have lived in Switzerland since the summer of 2016, less than two years since I opened the Strava account, and a few months after I started paying for Strava. The former data point, where the account was opened, based on Ray’s analysis, is the only relevant data point for Strava. I’ve been paying with a Swiss credit card, so the billing of the card doesn’t matter, also as Ray noted.

Well, the adjustment came through: my annual is now £54.99.

Yup, it’s still in GBP, and figures to be about US $68 / year. This is about a buck below the new standard price for Swiss users (or perhaps “registrants”), based on the currency rates right now:

Setting aside the percentage increase, and the lack of communication around the increase, it seems like a good deal compared to US prices.

2 Likes

You could use actual CTL from a free trainingpeaks account.

1 Like

the so called CTL on TrainingPeaks and Strava is always different for me, so i trust more TP then Strava

Training Peaks, at least for my free account, removed Weekly CTL from the Calendar a month ago or so.

3 Likes

yeah, same here nothing is for free

1 Like

I saw the video, logged in and realized that I paid $89 for the upcoming year. Seems like everyone else is paying less :thinking::man_shrugging:.

I’m in the US and got notice that mine is going to $79.99 a year. But interestingly the email says that I’ve been a member since 2013 even though the Strava website shows I’ve been a member since June 2011 and a subscriber since July 2011… How do you not get that right? (And I’m going to the free plan.)

1 Like

Mines just switched. Up until today it was still showing £47.99, its just gone up to £54.99 so thats a 15% increase. Luckily I’ve got until August to decide :slight_smile:

I’ve been a member since the beginning, off and on with premium. I’m going to free as well solely out of principal…

1 Like
14 Likes

I got the updated post on my strava feed a few days back and I’m not in The Strava Club.

I love @dcrainmaker #fightclub

5 Likes