Strava 2023 Year End Data

Here are a couple of articles with some info. I also expect that DC Rainmaker may be doing one as well and will post a link if/when that drops.

Strava file: Strava-Fact-Sheet-2023-en-US.pdf - Google Drive

2 Likes

Overall, Gen X users were twice as likely as their Gen Z counterparts to take a QOM/KOM

11 Likes

Iā€™ve currently caused a small ā€˜situationā€™ around thisā€¦will post something soonish, once I have some official answers.

8 Likes

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

4 Likes

DCStravaBreaker

:rofl:

7 Likes

You canā€™t leave us hanging!

Clearly he is trying to head off a Boomer vs GenX vs GenZ civil war at Strava :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t forget us millennials!

2 Likes

Yes - Iā€™m a Gen Xā€¦!!!

But never got a KOM, dā€™oh! :sweat_smile:

edit - why are some age demographics in 20 year blocks like ā€œThe Silent Generationā€ 1925-1945 and the ones after in 15 year blocks? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Mooreā€™s law?

I love how they buried the note about Influencers, i.e. people donā€™t get motivated by influencers.

1 Like

If you were really gen X, you wouldnā€™t care about whether or not you got a KOM because signing up for Strava is selling out.

3 Likes

:rofl:

True and i donā€™t.

1 Like

Fracking Strava is calling me a boomer! How dare they? Iā€™m clearly Gen X, born in the later 1960s.

#BurittoGate ???

1 Like

Nope, not the post I was working on, burritos was an accidental distraction while I was working on the main report digging around.

In any case, full post up tomorrow on the original rabbit hole.

3 Likes

IMG_0607

:metal:

*As a corollary, the ~45-55 age group winners in the last few races Iā€™ve done are among the fastest overall times, and regularly faster than the 30-40 AG winners.

**As a Gen X-er (49) trying to elbow on to AG podiums, I find this frustrating.

Iā€™m off to buy hair gel and grab a coffee at Central Perk.

3 Likes

Millennials are like vegans. Nobody could ever forget them. Theyā€™d never let us.

Theyā€™d write several paragraphs about it on Facebook next to a picture of the amazing bolognese sauce they ate last night.

:wink:

2 Likes

I donā€™t think millenials are on Facebook. As I understand it from the youts, only old people are on FB and Instagram is more popular.

Iā€™m 41 (borderline millenial) and my slightly younger wife told me this when trying to explain ā€œrizzā€, ā€œfinnaā€, and other such language she hears at work :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

:neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

1 Like