Still hate the calendar

I actually agree with you if the goal is to train and get faster

However, people don’t all use this software in the same way and with the same goals in mind. Not everyone is working towards a specific peak, or even a fitness goal. They might be working towards a weight target or only using the workouts as a filler when it is raining and cold.

That, combined with the ‘change is bad’ mindset that is inherent in nearly everyone, makes the push back against the calendar unsurprising to me.

Therefore, while it works great and is a huge value add for me, I think it was shortsighted of Trainer Road to release this functionality without the ability to view things in the historic, linear manner.

Taking functionality away (even if you replace it with something better for the vast majority of your user base) is a risky proposition, and with consumer facing software such as this is even harder. Maintaining the legacy functionality (via an ability to not upgrade the app - or a separate tab, whatever) would’ve helped ease the transition for the more change resistant users and given Trainer Road the ability to see how many of their users continued to interact in the old manner. Depending on the size of this segment of their user base they could’ve deprecated the old functionality or maintained it - as appropriate

7 Likes

Yes, PLEASE! When will the calendar regression be fixed? The TR experience is ruined for me. Please fix soon, soon!!

1 Like

Agreed. Great post.

2 Likes

Thanks again. This was very helpful. Working on downloading 9 years of workout data over from TP. Set up auto sync from TR to GC, so I’ll see how that works on Friday. I’ll have to poke around the interface with GC since it’s all new to me, but the data sync is going well.