SSLV With added Z2 rides

Anybody have good luck with this kind of plan? Adding a long Z2 ride during the weekend and a short Z2 ride during the week.

1 Like

I’ve been doing this for the last couple of months. A 2-3 hour ride on sundays and a 60-80 min ride with my wife during the week. I’ve noticed I’m much less tired in general after any workout and none of my workouts are affected so I guess it’s fine.

Switch in April. Moved the structured WO to Mondays, Tuesdays, & Thursdays and added longer Saturdays & Sundays rides at first. Now I have added a second session recovery rides on Mondays & Tuesdays and a tempo/SS group ride on Wednesday. Saturday rides are upper Z2 with longest last week at 4 hours. Sunday ride is lower Z2 up to 2 hours. (Last week was my biggest at 13:26 and 865 TSS.) All rides indoors. So far so good and I don’t feel the same burn out as with the MV plan (w/o additional rides). Just finish a short 3 week Sustained Powe Build and returning to SS2 next week (plan builder recalc after event cancellation).

2 Likes