So close to getting all Zwift Route Badges

I only had the PRL Full left…and the ODZ boys were doing the route today. “Great, I can have some company and ride some wheels occasionally to get done faster!”

Was riding great, feeling good…85 niles in and my PC crashed ion me…was literally 22 miles from completing all the Route Badges and now I have to do the whole PRL Full again…but solo this time.

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

14 Likes

That is brutal. Absolutely brutal.

5 Likes

:scream: That sucks!

I feel your pain. I have slowly been chipping away at the routes. I think I have ~10 to go. I plan on finishing with the PRL Full. I keep skipping routes to ride outside or do Zwift group rides :smile:

If you’re not in a rush to get it done, keep an eye on Zwiftpower or Zwifthacks for events scheduled for the PRL Full route. Another option might be posting on the Zwift forum to find others for a Meetup. Many Zwifters here as well on TR, maybe some will chime in and you can get some company for parts if not all of the ride.

4 Likes

Check our ZwiftInsider and team DIRT. Both are setting up Meet Ups / group rides for the longer route badges. Not sure when the PRL Full is up but I’m definitely interested. I have that and the Uber Pretzel left, plus 25 laps of the volcano and 25 times up the Alpe left.

2 Likes

Will do, thanks. Uber is tough…ending on the Alpe is final nut-punch af the end of a long day. :rofl:

Did it today (solo and TT-bike). It is doable but I hate box hill now :wink:

8 Likes

Nice job…congrats!!!

1 Like

That’s my greatest fear when it comes to completing the longer routes.

3 Likes

Update - got it done today. Rode it solo and finished in 5:14…very happy with my power / pacing. Legs feel pretty good, all things considered!!!

All Zwift routes now complete!!!

30 Likes

My last two routes have been incompletes due to Zwift issues. Both were short routes (Lady Liberty - misrouted …go figure? and Highline: got nothing). I was kinda pissed about each of those. I can only imagine what would happen if something like a Zwift crash towards the end of PRL :rage:

Props for getting back at it so quickly and knocking it out :+1:

2 Likes

A hearty handshake, a pat on the back and the warm glow of completing it. :rofl:

A lot of them have a “lead in” section, which is not represented in the mileage. Can be a bit annoying on some routes because you might budget a certain amount of time based on what is listed and it not be correct. But when you click on a route in the route list and you see the preview to the right, if there is a lead-in section, it will be in blue and it will then switch to white when the actual route starts. So at least there can be a heads-up that there is additional mileage.

But yeah, the simple answer is to just include the lead-in mileage with the route mileage. Not exactly rocket surgery. :wink:

2 Likes

You also get a healthy XP bonus for each badge - - the longer the route, the bigger the bonus.

6 Likes

Great point…Looks like I got 3460 XP for completing the route, plus 3240 XP during the ride (108 miles x 30 XP / mile). So 6700 total XP for the day.

I was kinda surprised that there was not some other bonus for completing all the routes. Seems that should be some kind of badge / achievement.

3 Likes

The Lutscher route is also terribly under reported in the Zwift list–there’s an extra 10.9km on a 13.7km route and it also doubles the elevation from 401m to 828m.

4 Likes

There seem to be a few routes with bugs too… I’ve done one on Watopia that didn’t complete when I finished AdZ, Quatch Quest maybe?

I only have PRL and one other on London, then a handful of longer Watopia routes left, but working on finishing the Tron bike first… 5400m to go.

1 Like

OMG…yes, THIS!! You need to allocate liken an extra half-hour or more vs. what the stated mileage may indicate. I had to bail on it my first time because I didn’t have enough time to complete it vs. what I had planned.

Do a couple of the longer Watopia routes and you’ll knock out the 5400m pretty quickly.

Go get it…a great feeling when you finally unlock it!

I am a true fashsionista…I try to match my bike to my kit, depending on the day. :crazy_face:

Think it still takes the same amount of climbing…just depends how much climbing you want to do. I will admit to hacking the system though…before I joined TR and I was using Zwift workouts, I would always select a route with the Alpe in it…workout was the same (watts is watts), but you didn’t “feel” like you were climbing.

3 Likes

I am just repeating Road to Sky with all my recovery week workouts. I’ll probably finish early next week.

I’ve been working on it since January, but not focused only on climbing until about a week ago.

5 Likes

I’m going dual color orange/yellow to start to match the yellow socks and accents on my current kit, then I’ll mess around with it.

2 Likes