Pick my Zwift birthday (43) ride

I’m looking to knock out a longer Zwift ride on my birthday this Saturday. I have decent base and have already completed my “A” ride for the year so nothing on the calendar for a while.

What are your thoughts? The Pretzel, PRL Half, Zwift Century (never completed a century before). Any suggestions? PRL Full not an option. :joy:

Finally get that Everest badge. Probably get the century at the same time. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol, with a 2.44 w/kg FTP, I’ll pass for now. Great idea for real cyclist though. :joy:

1 Like

Uber-Pretzel or nothing… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I would recommend looking at the ride schedule and seeing if there is a group ride that could meet your objectives…helps make the longer, harder routes more tolerable.

1 Like

Bestbikesplit has me just over 6 hours. :joy:

Definite the Uber or Mega Pretzel.

Or do Disaster or Disaster -1 while completing as many of the Neokyo routes as you can.

1 Like

You guys have a lot faith in my abilities. :joy: I’m leaning towards a pretzel or a flat century.

If you’ve never completed a century before then that’s a good target to aim for. To make your life easier you can join the C or D grade pace partners and enjoy the massive draft. 100km will take about 2hr35m

1 Like

Watopias Waistband is quite a good route for doing an imperial century on. Its flat but incorporates a few different areas to keep it interesting.

1 Like

How about a Zwift Imperial Century in less than 4:30? Very do-able on Fuego Flats!

1 Like

Mega Pretzel is fun but I am not a fan of the Jungle/dirt routes. I would try for a longer route without those.

1 Like

Ever since Zwift slowed the speed on dirt I haven’t been a fan either, even though I’d love to ride gravel IRL (fewer cars).

1 Like

“Riding” gravel virtually is just dumb…hey, let me work harder to go slower and get none of the enjoyment of actually riding gravel.

5 Likes