Sleep after training break

I have always struggled with sleep, however after taking a week or so off the bike, since I started training again getting quality sleep has been an issue (2 weeks). Prior to the week off was ok, its never great, but was acceptable. During the time I wasn’t riding sleep quality was actually really good.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

that was probably the longest I’ve had off the bike in 2-3 years, so trying to work out if that has something to do with it. My volume is still less than it has been for most of the year, but still quite high. Currently doing 12hours, doing around 18-20hrs before time off.

I struggle with sleep quality too. I have noticed a general pattern of my sleep quality. I follow a 3 week on, 1 rest week cycle of training. During those 3 weeks, as overall fatigue increases, my sleep quality decreases. You would think that more fatigue = better sleep.

On my rest week, sleep quality improves. I start sleep harder and longer. And then the cycle starts over. I am sure it has to do with physical stress and hormones and all of that. I just accept it, and try not to stress over it.