Share your Ramp Test playlists!

For those of you over 40 (or even over 50–I’m 51), or the young guns who want some old music with some “new” tunes mixed in.

I usually make it to Feel It Still or Crazy, a bad one I’m out at Baba O’Reilley, and I’ve never made it to Clocks!

Midnight Rider–Allman Brothers
Fly–Sugar Ray
Uptown Funk–Mark Ronson
Carry On–fun.
Dog Days Are Over–Florence and the Machine
Baba O’Reiley–The Who
Feel it Still–Portugal the Man
Crazy–Seal
Clocks–Coldplay
Speed of Sound–Coldplay
Sweet Home Alabama–Lynyrd Skynyrd
Loser–Beck
Tenth Ave Freeze-Out–Bruce!!!
The Distance–Cake

7 Likes

Oh man - love that The Distance and Loser are on there. Will have to give those a go.

1 Like

The Distance is on another of my TR playlists and it is quite good for the last bit of a Sweet Spot long interval!

1 Like

My go-to for the longer FTP tests is usually The Offspring - Smash album (also my go-to for staying awake on long road trips lol), but I also mix it up with bands with hard rocking tracks with good grooves like Monster Truck, Wolfmother, Priestess and Royal Blood.

4 Likes

Great album

1 Like

For all my workouts that I want music for I tend towards the following Spotify curated playlists:

• all night dance party
  • hit rewind
  • throwback party

An outside choice that also gets a lot of my playtime is the soundtrack to the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie.

And if I really can’t pick then some of the random customised to me ‘daily mixes’ generally do the job.

I also have a handful of other self made lists that I’m still populating.

2 Likes

Can’t beat a bit of Swedish House Mafia (if you like that kind of thing!)

Until Now (Continuous DJ Mix) is my “go to” track for FTP tests. Love it!

And on a similar theme:

3 Likes

That’s a great setlist.

3 Likes

On the turbo right now. Can confirm - this is a goodie!

2 Likes

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/playlist/tt/pl.u-06oxxkgCRk82a

5 Likes

I bet slip knot really gets ya crankin! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I love my list, but obviously it’s personal preference. Feel free to give it a go!

Diane Young - Vampire Weekend
Come Down - Anderson .Paak
Can’t Stop - Red Hot Chili Peppers
HUMBLE. - SKRILLEX REMIX - Kendrick Lamar
Close Your Eyes (And Count to Fuck) - Run the Jewels
Hold On - Sub Focus Remix - Rusko
Cinema - Skrillex Remix - Benny Benassi

4 Likes

If I can time Limp Biskit’s “Break Stuff” at just the right time I think I get 10 watts from it.

5 Likes

I didn’t know you’re like a chainsaw… what?

2 Likes

Mine.

3 Likes

Love that you end it with “Still Breathing” haha!

2 Likes

This. On repeat.

5 Likes

Guardians of the galaxy vol. 1 and 2 playlists. It makes me smile every time I listen to it probably because I like the film’s so much. Relaxed and smiling - just as coach Chad says over and over.

4 Likes

If you have a spare monitor watching these videos is quite inspiring during the ramp test. I usually hit play on one of the 10-15 minute videos about 10 mins to ensure it doesn’t end right in the pointy end of the test.

Wheeltube Channel on YT.
https://invidio.us/channel/UCB4y90s1fhLLXW4IHGwGftg

Using Invidio removes the advertising and other annoyances of YouTube. It’s a much better interface, but all vids are from YT.

4 Likes

I tried this one last time and liked it. A bit eclectic, but the first three songs I’ve used to charge me up in a low-key way before a race, so they’re good for the warmup and early build, then hit it with the last two, and an appropriately titled cooldown. Well timed out, so you hit Disturbed just after the 17:00 mark. Maybe next time I’ll add some System of a Down or something.

1. Promentory - Last of the Mohicans (the final sequence of the movie where Uncas, Hawkeye, and Chingachgook are going through just shredding the Huron… great music).
  2. In the Air Tonight - Genesis
  3. Sugar, We’re Going Down - Fall Out Boy
  4. I Don’t Wanna Stop - Ozzie Osborne
  5. This Moment - Disturbed
  6. The Funeral - Band of Horses
2 Likes