Roubaix this weekend

Looked slick. Between that and a tiny bit less familiarity there were a few crashes!

1 Like

No- the organisation on provided coverage for the last 60km. GCN have been very clear that they would have shown everything they could have of this race.

But, you’re absolutely right a disgrace that this isn’t shown end to end. Fingers crossed there is enough demand that they see the light and show it next year!

4 Likes

Ah, thanks for that, that makes a lot of sense.

Really excited for tomorrow’s men’s race. If it rains as predicted, really curious if one(s) of the favorites will attack from a long way out, figuring that with wet, muddy cobblestone sectors it will be really hard for the peloton to get together and chase. Could be a real mano a mano slugfest.

1 Like

Coverage aside, that was an epic ride by Deignan. Tackling every singe cobble section solo…legend.

Bummed Vos could not notch the victory, but Deignan went out there and took the win.

7 Likes

She was fantastic. She had incredible control of the bike too. Great technical skills. I thought she was going down more than once.

It was exciting to see Vos chase and it would have been incredible to have her name on the showers, but Lizzie definitely earned that win.

I just wish we could have seen the move!!

2 Likes

This is one race where it is clear that the strongest rider on the day won the race. There’s really no other conclusion that seems reasonable given a solo attack ~32km into the race, and staying away for ~82.5km.

Truly an awesome, and awe inspiring, performance

1 Like

Also, did anyone catch the female commentator on the motorbike say, “I’m literally shitting my pants” on live tv? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

8 Likes

Yeah, but tbh hanging off the back of a motorbike trying to add commentary I’d be shitting myself too!

3 Likes

Lanterne Rouge just put up his summary (that guy is on fire this year), and caught Deignan’s bloody hands. What a fantastic effort and a tribute to the first running of the women’s race. I can only hope the men’s is equally compelling!

I hope we can hear @IvyAudrain on the conditions, equipment choices and handling requirements in the next AACC.

2 Likes

Her blooded hands were noticed by the GCN+ commentary team as well. There’s a picture of her bars in this BBC piece - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/58775065

Today is shaping up to be a epic version of Roubaix. Conditions are absolutely crap!! :sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Wout with some work to do after Arenberg…lost the wheels after having to avoid a crash. He is about 30” off MVP.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. No coverage on GCN in the US.

It is on Peacock in the US.

MVP has about 40” on WVA w/ 60k to go. He looks really good, but the question is whether any of the riders with him will work with him now.

Normal roads are drying out a bit….but cobbles will remain wet and muddy.

1 Like

WVA down about 1 min with 55k to go. Not looking good for him. Moscon leading the race…praying MVP reels him in. Coming up to Mons en Pavele…One of the toughest sections. Supposedly a mud pit.

1 Like

Looking around, trying to figure out what I can live without to offer as a sacrifice to the cycling gods.

2 Likes

LOL @unmountain_biker!!

Unfortunately, his lead is growing. We may need to sacrifice something that matters now. :rofl:

1 Like

For those of us w/out video feeds – Are MvDP and Cobrelli working together or is it a one sided deal for the chase? Assume WVA is struggling…

I poured out the last of my pre-ride coffee and MvDP attacks :boom:

I have done my part :sunglasses:

5 Likes