Ivy, Alex and Pete are back and this is going to be a fun one!
Getting used to race intensity can be jarring, so how do you prepare yourself before race day? We’ll cover this, a deep dive on outside interval training, various discussions on what affects recovery and how to manage it, and much more in Episode 305 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast.
Youtube Live Video:
Join us live Thursday, April 22 at 8:00am Pacific!
Topics Covered in This Episode
- Ask a Cycling Coach Will Start Soon! 0:00
- Intro and Adaptive Training Update 0:08
- What Alex Wild learned racing the US Cup Pro XCTs in Fayetteville, AR 4:47
- How to learn technical courses quickly 6:33
- Preparing for race intensity 13:26
- How to adjust your pacing strategy based on call-up position 24:09
- How to manage unexpected disappointments 26:40
- A deep dive on TrainerRoad Outside Workouts 29:40
- Why individuals get rewards in cycling instead of teams 1:03:16
- How to overcome mental limitations 1:10:47
- Are standing desks good or bad for cyclists? 1:16:46
- Best gearing choices for gravel racing 1:23:05
- How to manage life stress and recovery for athletes 1:23:45
- A guide to getting started with healthy eating for cyclists 1:38:06
- Live question and answers 1:49:51