Post your Strava 2019 Year in Sport!

2 Likes

going for 750k climbing this year and 650+ hours.

4 Likes

Nit much more than last year but there was a pretty significant difference between running and cycling.

Feeling super strong in both disciplines and looking forward to finding a good balance for next year.

4 Likes

1st year of cycling.

8 Likes

about the same as last five years:

5 Likes

Doing my bit to bring down the average YIS #s :slight_smile:
Even still, my best year riding yet.

3k of that distance was on outside rides. I’m just getting going here w TR, so hopefully in 2020 I up my days active and overall distance. TBD.

Going for 200+ active days, 3k outside miles, + TR LV in 2020.

4 Likes

Hell of a first year, congrats and keep it up in 2020!

1 Like

Wow beastly!

Best year in cycling so far!

Looking forward to 2020!

5 Likes

4 Likes

Lots of Velo Viewers here I think I will join the club.

1 Like

Retirement has been good to me.

16 Likes

To be fair, just joined but have no idea yet what the plus is…:slight_smile:

Very nice…that will be a nice day. Chapeau

2 Likes

How many hours did you do prior to retirement and did you see a big fitness increase?

Great “work,” congrats.

1 Like

I was still doing 400 - 500 hours in the couple of years bfore I took an early retirement at 54 years old. I turn 60 next week. My kids are out of the house and I have an angel of a wife (married 39 years) when it comes to putting up with my hours on the bike. I didn’t see a big fitness increase but the new flexibility in my schedule made riding life a lot easier. I can ride pretty much when I want. Recovery is much better without the work stress (and there was a lot of work stress). Nutrition and meal planning are much easier to manage. Overall, life became much easier which made riding even that much more enjoyable.

4 Likes

I won’t share this with the family …

7 Likes

Better in 2019 vs 2018 and will smash those numbers in 2020 as I have a 70.3 in June and another one in Oct. The elevation stats are crazy inflated as it takes into account my Alpe Du Zwift stuff.

6 Likes

One of my lower years as I was off for surgery at the beginning of the year, but still pretty good.

4 Likes

3 Likes