We are going to miss Pete, but grateful for his example of love and support to his family.
Anaerobic training is important for many athletes, but does its high-sugar burning nature lower your FTP? We’ll dig into the science of anaerobic training, lactate threshold, glycolysis, meal timing and much more in Episode 326 of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast!
Youtube Live Video:
Topics Covered in This Episode
- TrainerRoad launched a Free Trial!
- How much is too much anaerobic training?
- What anaerobic training does to your body
- Does anaerobic training hurt FTP?
- How does your body break down, store, and use sugar?
- How to time your meals for ideal performance
- Easy recipes for athletes
- Should you hire a nutritionist?
- Pairing nutrition with load and deload phases
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Science and Translation of Lactate Shuttle Theory
- Rehabilitating lactate: From poison to cure
- Track cyclist spinning +200rpm
- The Science of Winning: Planning, Periodizing and Optimizing Swim Training
- Pete’s Easy Bowl Recipe