Other Podcast Recommendations (non-TR) 2018-19

FasCat Cycling Training Tips. Similar chatty format to the TR podcast but they generally stick to one topic rather than taking questions. FasCat is a top flight coaching outfit so the info is sound.

IMHO, this and Fast Talk and TR’s podcast are the top 3 for cycling.

4 Likes

There’s nothing better than the TR podcast but I recommend “Velo News” Episode 68: the three types of training rides you should do. Aligns with most of the TR training philosophy but with a few differences. Backed by science. Will make you think.

When I’m not listening to the TR podcast I listen to Impact Theory (Tom Bilyeu) and Akimbo, Seth Godin’s podcast :slight_smile:

I’d also recommend Science vs.

They cover many different things. The episodes are usually pretty well researched and quite often they have episodes about the latest diet FAD.

For any football fans Jamie Carragher’s podcast has been brilliant. Not Liverpool centred each week he talks to a pro or a football fan, the one with Paddy from Pheonix night is brilliant.

1 Like

Not a cycling podcast but the first season of the "Start Up’ podcast from 2014 follows the start up of Gimlet media in real time (Start Up was Gimlet’s first podcast). I remember listening to it at the time thinking the guy was crazy quitting a stable job for such a risky half baked venture that IMHO had 0 chance of success. I was wrong. Last year Gimlet Media was sold to Spotify for $230 million . . . . .

Listened to the first episode of Sword and Scale.
Pretty scary really.

I will listen to more. Thanks for the share.

My dog loves the TrainerRoad podcast as he knows he’s always going to get a 2+ hour walk in a Friday morning :joy:

2 Likes

Too much time is spent each week on race tactics. It is boring after a while…

1 Like

30 second skip button!

Seriously, I’ll listen to Chad’s deep dives all day but I skip over TR business, TR plan changes, Nate’s carb loading talk, or race tactics.

There’s usually something for everybody in there.

Yeah. There are some dark dark dark episodes. Pretty unbelievable stuff. I have a pretty high tolerance for that stuff and there’s been a few that I have turned off.

I used to be bored by the race tactics but now find it fascinating, funny how it works!

Not cycling related by I’ve just started the HWMF podcast…strangely motivational!!

Listen to the Joe Rogan podcasts with David Coggins or Cam Hanes, both of them have have no excuse type attitudes and are both ultra endurance athletes.

Mitch Docker has now brought his “Life in the Peloton” pod to “The Cycling Podcast”. The most recent one has an interview with him, recorded in Girona, back in November.

@John_Hallas Don’t listen to episode 20 of S&S.

2 Likes

Checked out the recent “Off Course” podcast. The First one I listened to (Chris Case episode) is pretty good. Wide ranging topics, but I like the pace and atmosphere between them. Will be interesting to see where this goes (downloading the other episodes for a listen too).

https://www.fastlabs.com/offcourse/

1 Like

I just looked at the summary of episode 20 and I will give that one a miss. Thanks for the heads-up

1 Like

I’ve recently tried the purple patch podcast, god that bloke has the most annoying accent in the world. Its not English, its not american, its like every fourth or fifth word has a US twang. I had to give up purely because of how he say’s meat and potatoes.

1 Like

If he didn’t say Meat and Potato PIE. He’s not worth listening to anyway. :grinning: