Official World Wide Disaster 2020 Thread!

Count me in for a -1

2 Likes

Disaster has a tasty block of SS/threshold. Plus VO2 AND anaerobic! :rofl:

1 Like

I knowā€¦ Iā€™ve got Junction -1 and Bashful +6 already that week covering those weak spots of mine. Think Iā€™ll need to assess my legs on the day.

Funny think about TSS and IF though. Disaster -2 has about the same TSS, but a lower IF than Tallac +3. However, there is no doubt in my mind that D-2 is a much more strenuous wo.

If I decide on D-2 I might try group workout for the first timeā€¦ Will be an early AM ride CET in that case. Will post here if that turns out to be the case.

2 Likes

I suspect @brenph and I will be putting together an AM group for the 12th if youā€™d like to join!

Temptedā€¦ Had full D on my calendar for the 12th december since last years disaster week but recently i moved it out. The reason is that Im going for 200.000 meters climbed this year so I need to put some climbs on that day and probably will do one vEveresting basecamp to get around 5000m extra on my climbing distancy. Unfortunatly TR doesnt help getting meters of climb in to Strava.

By the way its my birthday too on the 12th :thinking:

3 Likes

Havenā€™t really kept up with Group Workouts. Can I join or connect via an iPad?

Not at this time, Win and Mac only AFAIK.

There is a slim chance the beta app has it, but I donā€™t know one way or the other.

1 Like

Thanks Chad :+1:

I might have to wait a little longer to meet up with a few of you.

1 Like

Iā€™ll probably do the D on Dec 6th after noon GMT+2 (even though itā€™s the Finnish Independence Day then) because my wife has days off at 11th-12th, and I donā€™t want to spend the day on my bike then.

2 Likes

Hoping to join an am group

1 Like

Also keen for an AM (GMT) group

Full Disaster or a minus version?

AM GMT will be a popular one. Any chance youā€™d be interested in hosting a group workout if youā€™re doing the full?

Full D

1 Like

I was just about to pencil in D-1 for the 12th as a GMT AM group workout, but canā€™t find them disasters anymore in the workout library. Am I missing something?

They were moved into the list of TR workouts

1 Like

I have it penned in for the 12th December. I am in the UK. I normally use my iPad, but I could use my laptop, although I have never done that before. Where will we find the best group ride for our time zone?

1 Like

Also in the UK and keen to try this!

2 Likes

I did the full Disaster with @runriderandi, @ellotheth, @V-2, and a few others this past weekend, so Iā€™m thinking about doing a Rockhouse group workout on 12/12 if I can get enough people who want to do it. Anyone else interested?

2 Likes

I put the -2 on my calendar for Wednesday at 5AM CMT.

RSVP for Disaster -2 on Wednesday December 9th at 5AM: RSVP - TrainerRoad

1 Like