New Specialized Prevail and Evade helmets launched

You might not have seen this pic. It’s more than just “made for oval heads”

1 Like

Well this is probably why I haven’t been able to find any all white Evade II medium in stock the last few months.

Love my evade and prevail. Evade is the most comfortable helmet I have ever worn and love the chameleon color.

4 Likes

I tried on the new Prevail at my local shop yesterday. My two impressions were:

1. Yep, this is airy. Like, I better make sure my hair looks good before I put on the helmet cause you are going to see it. Bald folks, sunscreen or hat requited.
  2. Shape seems pretty oval to me. I have been wearing POC helments in the last few years and really like the fit. I could make the Prevail fit with the adjustment, but seems that POC helmets are a little more rounded and naturally fit my head shape better.
5 Likes

My Evade 2 is definitely the best fitting helmet I’ve ever had - just the right shape for my head. I rarely find it too hot, but I did recently buy a Prevail 2 Vent because my other helmet (Kask Mojito) is getting on a bit. The Prevail is lovely and airy, and fits well but isn’t quite as perfect a fit as the Evade. The new Prevail 3 looks good, but I paid about £160 for the 2 so I still think it was a good choice!

2 Likes

I’ve had so much white and black everything that at this point I basically want to be dipped in neon. Clash be damned.

5 Likes

I did as well :rofl:… but, honestly, I sort of like the older design better, so I’m not feeling the buyer’s remorse… though getting it at today’s discounted price would have been nice. To date the Evade is the best fitting/feeling helmet I’ve had.

1 Like

Sounds like you need a date with PrimalWear!

1 Like

Sonic Barrier Men’s Equinox Jersey – Primal Wear

That looks fun.

If Tres Pinas made brighter men’s wear, I’d be all over that.

I’ve been considering picking up an aero helmet like the evade II but I wonder how much faster it would be in real world conditions, say compared to the Prevail. I’d only ever wear it during PR attempts or road races. Worth the investment? Anyone have any thoughts?

its always windy here so why not wear Ballista or Evade or … and look like an aero geek everyday of the week? That’s just the way we roll around here, not judging anyone if you aren’t into the storm trooper look.

1 Like

Some days I just want to be cooler and the Evade feels like it holds more heat. I get a lot less head drip sweat with the Prevail.

Recently I’ve had a few friends get bees sucked in the Evade and they don’t find that back hole. The new one just looks like that’s more likely.

It has been consistently proven that one of the best upgrades in terms of speed is an aero road helmet.

Perception is tough to overcome, but no data has ever been presented that indicates aero helmets increase your core body temp. They may “feel” hotter, but they don’t change what really matters - your core body temp.

But again, perception is kinda king here…if you feel like it is hotter, then you think it is.

I’ve got no issues with my Ballista and ride multiple days a week in HOT (but dry) weather. It was 85F today and sure there was some sweat but no issues with my helmets.

I think this is the key.

1 Like

This time of year I’d be a pool of sweat without a helmet in Houston TX or Austin, so it’s all about learning to tolerate the heat IMHO.

2 Likes

My only current road helmet is my ( black) ballista. If I rode out on exposed direct sun roads more maybe I’d find to too hot but really never had an issue. Can’t recall thinking wish I had a cooler helmet. Kind of digging the prevail but don’t see the need.

I won’t be upgrading my TT helmet to this one, my current s-works is doing just fine.

I’m sure tons of people wear an evade in LA and I can’t say I’ve ever noticed them standing out but I don’t exactly pay attention either.

I got stung by a bee reaching in to clear it out of the side vent in my Evade 2 just last week.

1 Like

I tried on the Prevail yesterday. It does not have any pads to hold sunglasses in place, which is a deal breaker for me. I bought the POC Ventral Air MIPS instead.

2 Likes