New Specialized Prevail and Evade helmets launched

mentioned on a couple of other threads, but given the popularity of these two helmets, I thought a dedicated thread was warranted.

Not much of a change to the Evade, but man the new Prevail is airy!!

3 Likes

The “lip” over the middle vent on the Evade is interesting…kinda screams “extra drag” to me, but I’m guessing Specialized has the numbers to back up the design.

4 Likes
1 Like

The Evade is hideous. Reminds me of that Scott aero helmet from a few years ago (maybe still current) with the huge protuberance out the rear but not in a sleek smooth kind of way :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

I am digging the Prevail.

4 Likes

I was too - until I looked up the colors. Black, red, white. :yawning_face:

I’m surprised people buy helmets that aren’t black or white. The two colors that go with every kit.

8 Likes

Ditto, I am white all day, every day if it’s an option. I prefer light and simple colors.

4 Likes

Good thing I just had to replace my helmet and bought an Evade 2 a few weeks ago for full price :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I need those extra 1-1.5W dammit :rofl:

IIRC - Specialized has a 30 day return policy. Even on used helmets.

I used to be that way with my entire cycling kit. But now have have gotten pretty color coordinated and generally louder. My light blue POC helmet goes with most of my kits and both bikes, but is super recognizable and visible, which I like. And Ridge Supply socks make so many styles that at least have a hint of blue - so I have my blue/pink/green socks for 1 kit, blue/red/orange for another, red with blue stripes for another, etc.

Lazer, POC, and Kask do some awesome multi-color/fades that would go with alot.

3 Likes

Welp, I guess the folks at POC have to up their game if they wanna regain the “Weirdest TT Lid” title….:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:

3 Likes

LOL, I saw the single pic of the TT helmet in the other intros and really wondered what it looked like in person. My first thought headed towards Star Wars :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Lol. Those are not my words. This already existed on the internet :rofl:

4 Likes

Look, I draw the line at having to put black panty hose over my head in order to go fast on a bike……

I mean, I’ll do it for other reasons, but not on a bike. :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:

8 Likes

I’ve had my eye on a Prevail for a while for my general road riding, especially in the heat.

It is quite popular, at least here in SoCal. It’s a good all-rounder for most days, but it gets a bit hot this time of year. I am on my third. I’ve crashed in one and it saved the dome just fine. Definitely slippery through the air, and it just fits my head well.

I have an older red and black Evade. It looked sweet with our kit for two years and matched every other kit I owned as they all had red in them. I bought it for about $100 under retail because everyone wants white or black!

The downside was it made me very easy to mark in my fields. That wasn’t a problem when I got it. It became a problem later last season (which is a good problem to have, I guess). Recently went black with the new kit, and it generally goes with everything. I’d still rather have white, but black shoes = black lid.

3 Likes

But a body stocking is great for keeping cool and so much cheaper than one piece kit, though the sunburn…

Just bought the Prevail 2 vent

But if you bought from a dealer don’t they get screwed by doing the return?

I have no idea how it impacts the shop, but it’s the company policy, so I wouldn’t feel guilty for using it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I see it a lot. I feel like the previous two versions weren’t as bulbous at the rear?

I’m not tryinf to judge someone’s choice. I’ve made (and still make) some pretty terrible aesthetic choices in the name of speed (or personal style).

2 Likes

Maybe not. I have a long oval head… finding helmets that fit me even decently is a challenge. Like Kask? No, can’t even get two of their models to sit down on my head. The Evade is shaped kind of like my head, so aesthetically I’m stuck with it. :laughing:

The good news is: Prevail 2s are now widely available for under $190. I seem to always buy my Spesh helmets one model year “late” and save 25%. Perhaps I will be doing that again!

1 Like