New Dock Pro bed cooling from Chilipad / Ooler creators

perfect for me. i got up at 6 wanted to get my swim done. and the house was cold…so that i can fall asleep. But in the morning I don;t want to get out from under the blankets

I’d say the “warm awake” feature works almost too well for me. It starts heating the bed before your scheduled wake time and that always wakes me up early to the extent that I’ve pushed my schedule wake time out in the app to actually get up at the time I intended.

1 Like

Awesome! I tried using timed lights before my alarm but am sleeping right thru them.

I have never slept through the morning warming plan. It really wakes up in a very alert state.

But the lights are great at waking up his girlfriend before she wants to get up. She too is looking forward to the chill pad.

Got an update from Customer Service. They state their container has been stuck in Oakland for 5 weeks due to dock worker strikes but things are moving along now and they expect to fill all the backorders starting next week.

same message here.

So I have the dock pro half queen in my cart. I am curious about the EXTEND extended warranty. Is it worth it?

I also read a comment on a room/window air conditioner. Can anyone comment on that as well?

Thank you.

For the wifi issues from reddit:
“we are aware there were connectivity issues, we have updated the firmware which has been very helpful with the connectivity issues, We also have replaced the original 1.0 board in the units with 3.0 boards which also has helped with connectivity.”

After many delays, I’ve finally received the Dock Pro tonight and I leave for a bike trip later this week, so only a few days to try it out. I have noticed that I am waking up occasionally during sleep feeling quite warm, so I am really hoping this will bring my sleep temperature down sufficiently. My spouse is a very warm sleeper so I’m hoping he will get the big benefit from this product.
Will update after I use it enough to determine if it makes a difference in my sleep.

I should note I live in a hot US state and August is usually the worst part of the year. We keep the house around 73F at night, but I know from previous experience living in a colder state that my optimal ambient temp is 62F.

good luck. I’m thinking you will find it helps.

1 Like

Anyone have the Eight Sleep Pod 3 yet?

I have our AC set to 74. That means upstairs in our bedroom it’s generally about 80 degrees. The dock pro keeps me cool under covers throughout the night. Honestly woke up a few times early into having it from being too cold until I get my ideal temperatures dialed in (unit set to around 66 for me).

This dock pro is insane for me.
I can now keep the ac on 70 vs 68, keep my shirt on. I fall asleep a lot quicker. The warm awake feature is legit awesome, though you still need some will power to just not turn it off and go back to sleep.

Still trying to figure out my ideal temps. 78 still feels ‘cold’ in the middle of the night. I use 66 to fall asleep.
And this thing consumes a shocking amount of water. Like more than what would evaporate out of a cup that is sitting on a table.

here is my last week of sleep time

2 Likes

Trying to decide between the chilisleep dock pro or the 8 sleep. From my research they are very similar, but the chilisleep is way cheaper.

I have a Dock Pro, have no first hand experience with the Eightsleep but from almost everything I’ve read the Eightsleep is nicer but more expensive. The differences are:

• Eightsleep is quieter
  • Eightsleep uses less water (less frequent refills)
  • Eightsleep has sleep tracking and automatic temperature control but these features require a subscription
  • Eightsleep topper feels more premium and is moderately more comfortable than the Dock Pro
  • Dock Pro offers flexibility to buy either a half mattress “Me” system or full mattress “We” system
  • Dock Pro cools faster and has both a wider temp range in terms of min/max
  • Dock Pro is cheaper
  • Dock Pro was notorious for having poor wifi connectivity (constantly would lose connection) but this may have been addressed in latest HW revision and firmware

Overall, Eightsleep Pod Cover seems to be the superior system, but whether that is worth the price difference is subjective. Both systems perform the same function and as of writing this the Dock Pro systems are 25% off for labor day weekend so they are generally about $1000 USD less than the equivalent system from Eightsleep. That’s a pretty big difference.

2 Likes

I finally received my dock pro replacement. The new unit works great and I no longer have issues with noise or wifi. A huge improvement over the Ooler.

I’ve been watching this thread and debating on the new Dock Pro. We have the Ooler system which has been a game changer for us but the extended warranty will be up in November. Between our two units we’ve replaced them about 10 times over the last 3 years so not a lot of faith in them lasting long term. Now we have to decide whether to bite the bullet and buy the Dock Pro while it’s on sale or wait for our current units to crap out first. Decisions, decisions…

Wow that’s a lot of warranty replacements, hope the Dock Pro doesn’t follow the same pattern.

I wouldn’t sweat the 25% off sale too much, if the pattern holds they’ll do that for most holidays. I bought mine at 25% off 4th of July sale, and I think they did for Memorial day too so I’d also expect they’ll do similar for Black Friday and future holidays.

1 Like

Yeah definitely some bad luck with the replacements including twice where they returned the unit with the same problem we sent it in with so had to return for a second repair. Wasn’t a big deal at first as they would send a new unit out immediately when we sent ours in but then with the pandemic (I’m assuming) they actually repaired the unit we sent in and last time it took almost a month. Knock on wood we’ve been going with our current units for almost 10 months.

I appreciate the info on holiday deals. With that in mind it makes sense to wait at least until Black Friday since we’re still under warranty right now. Thanks!