My experience after finishing first block of training (2 months)

Hi everyone,

It’s my first post and I would like to share my experience after two months of training and finishing first block of training: Sweet Spot Base Medium.

At first I was really skeptical about Adaptive Training because I felt like every training was to light. I manually extended training length and even add training on my rest day. But very soon difficulty Level match up with my fitness level and start to push me to limits. There was no need to add extra training load, AT adjust everything perfectly, based on my responses after every training.

After 5 weeks i did my second ftp test and I was really shocked - 11% increase!! Can’t wait to get smashed with Sweet Spot Base Medium II planned for me;)

3 Likes

Nice improvement - don’t get disheartened when you don’t get another 11% after your second block! It does take a little while for the AT to gather enough data and then work out what to do with you.

2 Likes

2022 season was really intense for me. I was training on my turbo trainer all winter and riding outside all summer, by the end of September I had 9kkm in my legs so I wasn’t expecting any spectacular improvements. My long term goal is 4w/kg and i know it’s a long journey from 3.45 where I’m now.

9 megameters.

2 Likes

I’m in the middle of my recovery week after: Sweet Spot Base Medium Volume II and I can tell one thing it was really painful. After huge jump in my FTP the Progression Level overestimates my capabilities. I was struggling every threshold session and I had two of them in a week. I’ve ended with several failed workouts and few of them I missed. I had to plan in advance nutrition, recovery and prepare every aspect of indoor training to complete threshold sessions.
I was really glad that I made it to a recovery week and was hopping for another FTP increase although I was aware that I didn’t perform as good as I thought of myself. That why when I received the massage about AI FTP Detection I couldn’t resist to try it out! And there it is: 1.7% up, just 2W below magical 300W Club;)

3 Likes