Just did Baxter-2, wow I’m knackered

So I just did Baxter -2, not because I was being a wimp but because I was short on time. Holy frijoles it wupped me good!

Granted I ride to work Monday and Tuesday and had a strength session yesterday, but I had no idea a 1 hour endurance routine would be difficult.

I wasn’t gasping for air but I was sweating a ton and this seemed much more difficult than it should have been. Is this normal?

1 Like

Not really. I barely sweat when I do Baxter. I was doing them almost back to back a few weeks back while recovering from the flu.

Thanks for the reply. Man I must’ve overdone it this week.

1 Like

Probably fatigue from commuting and other stuff. Maybe can look at how you do your cooling during training. I live in Asia so I ride at more than 28 degrees and cooling is vital here.

2 Likes

At a 0.63 Intensity Factor for an hour workout, it should be quite easy and comfortable.

Sounds like you are a bit overworked.

2 Likes

Is your ftp set to high?

1 Like

I don’t think so. I actually did Goddard and found it relatively easy, I think part of the issue yesterday was that my fan wasn’t pointed directly at me and it was pretty warm in the room.

4 Likes

Yep, some days are harder than others.

3 Likes

Baxter -2 should not be this hard. Maybe you are getting sick?

1 Like

I actually find baxter harder than other zone 2 sessions with a similar IF. For me I think it has something to do with never really settling in to a rhythm, only a couple minutes before changing pace again.

1 Like

I agree.

Because the first 30 min is probably a 0.55 IF and the last 30 min around a 0.75 IF. It’s not a constant 0.65 like other easy rides.
That’s what I like about it actually on days my legs are heavy. It’s like a long warm up that gives your legs to open up a bit.