🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Ha, so 30 minute VO2 workouts for me! Thank you for the info.

1 Like

It would seem like the rpe eating you give at the end should be more based on if you had to do it over again how do you feel. Way to easy so give me more on one end to I just barely was able to finish it at the other. The middle should be when it feels like the right level.

It’s about what it should sign to you next. If one part was too hard and the rest was fine then you would still rate it as hard if you were close to a failure

1 Like

2.9 Spanish Needle -1, sounds about right, it is an easy session (and my top end is carp, ← does anyone have that as a thing, being polite? Carp!)

It was a grind getting through that last interval. RPE was high, felt slightly over threshold for the day, but I probably could have pushed through to stretch it out to 20, maybe 25 minutes–hard to say though. In theory, 250-255W is my MLSS/modeled FTP, although I haven’t put that to test recently.

some one have started to use adaptive training? i’m waitng the access…

2 Likes

Getting a little p’d off that my mates are getting added despite registering after me and not being on TR anything like as long… Oh well, I guess we’ll have to wait :frowning:

Are the Pol plans in AT yet?

2 Likes
  • Not yet. They may be delayed with the related podcast that is being redone to address their training perspective.
2 Likes

If anybody can log those workouts in a week there should be a prize! :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Thanks Nate and Brandon for the responses, look forward to trying it out!

@bnied @Nate_Pearson

1 Like

Interesting, I would have pegged spanish Needle higher and anaerobic is a relative strength for me! Still, 99 repeats is certainly different from 60 sec max :joy:

1 Like

Has there been any talk of TR sharing a list of workouts with their rating numbers? This would help a bunch of people make manual tweaks to our schedules while we await AT access. It might keep Chad Mcneese from having to constantly provide this info on random workouts people ask him about.

2 Likes

This would be nice. It was accidentally live on the website awhile ago, before the AT announcement - see this post - New workout zone caption?

Maybe it wouldn’t be too hard to reinstate it. I think there was some talk about certain features being rolled out to everyone before the full thing is available.

I believe that is the plan. They’ve mentioned the release will happen in stages. So the new career page, workout levels and all the other bells and whistles won’t come all at once. I suspect that means we’ll get the career page first with workout levels either at the same time or very shortly thereafter. But that’s all a guess on my part.

1 Like

Do you currently struggle with your plan? If you don’t I wonder if you’re not an ideal candidate for beta testing. TrainerRoad need to get as much data from testers, and if you’re somebody that already completes plans well and consistently then I’d imagine they’ll gain less of an insight into your progression than others.
I’ve been a TR user for years and signed up for the beta during the live podcast. Only if I’m sick do I miss a workout which is usually about once a year. I used to only do low volume plans but the past 2+ years I’ve managed medium volume - the addition of outside workouts has really helped this. But because I complete 5 workouts each and every week, rarely have to decrease intensity (unless one of the harder vo2 sessions later in a plan) then I honestly don’t think AT would change that much for me, hence I’m not a great candidate for testing. I’ll probably regret this if I now get bumped down the queue and wait longer for access but if I’m not really going to help improve the product as quick as others I’m fine with that.

4 Likes

This is like waiting to be called up for vaccination…

4 Likes

I’d forgotten all about covid - it’s all about adaptive training.

11 Likes

Career page is mentioned in the beta app a few changes ago so it must be there when you get into the actual AT beta.

1 Like

Yeah I think all the features are available if you are in the AT beta, but in terms of a full launch, it sounds like it’s going to be a slower feature-by-feature roll out if you don’t get a beta invite.

Which is exactly what a couch should be assisting you with. AT is under-priced if it delivers that, which I have no doubts it will do.

2 Likes

I agree. I have only done one full “work” week in the AT so far, but the adaptions applied are notably better than the “default” TR plan that was in place.

I have a recovery week, then a new Ramp test and the first week of my official Build. I am interested to see how that and the following week work. I am hopeful the plan will change to allow me to successfully complete the 3:1 schedule compared to my prior 2:1 that was needed to follow the default TR plans.

1 Like