🎉 🎉 🎉 Introducing Adaptive Training! 🎉 🎉 🎉

Nate definitely said that was what they planned to do (Successful default), but I don’t know if they have actually implemented that at this time. I haven’t seen a TR rep confirm that function is in place yet (though I could have just missed it).

2 Likes

So another ? On approach. Doing 2 hr endurance workout currently. Have a work call 1:30 in. Should I just pause or save and finish after my 30 min call?? Easy spin and not struggling.

Thanks in advance.

I’m assuming cut it short and answers the survey with Time as the reason you cut short. It should give you the full credit. At least, when I had a similar situation on an interval session it gave me full credit when I took that route.

1 Like

Mmm ok. And then I guess I will ride the rest after my call

Or just skip the last 30 minutes of the workout and call the workout done for the day. There’s no way that will destroy your progression or plan if you skip it. It’s so minor in the grand scheme of things imo.

Get that. I wanted to put in 2 hrs today. Not worried about progression. Thank you

In that case, you could just free ride later or pick a 30-minute workout in the zone using Train Now or by looking through the workout list.

Those outside Wahoo workouts you’re doing are associating effectively, and showing the workout level (1.1 for example), but there’s no visible progression level footer for those activities. That is an indicator that this isn’t counting towards your Progession Levels.
Sorry for the confusion, its easy to look at that Workout Level number, the ‘TR’ stamp, and a successful association and think its counting towards your PLs. The feature of making all outside workouts as pass by default is still in process, close!

3 Likes

Just an update for anyone I let the workout pause and kept it open and connected. Went upstairs and did my call for 15 min. Came back down and continued. Upon finishing I got the survey on how it felt.

Obviously prefer not to do this but no worries and figure it is the same as stopping at a bunch of lights outside.

1 Like

Hi. I’m currently in a UX design program. I thought it would be great to explore how TR provide a clean mobile experience for AT. FYI, I’m not in the beta group YET, so I’m pouring through the thread to try and pick up general themes. If anyone would be interested in connecting to answer a few questions, it would be hugely appreciated. Thanks, Mike, Seattle

1 Like

I’ve always interpreted the “Intensity” to mean intensity for the target duration. At least for me, the only way I would use a “pure” intensity is if I couldn’t even hit the intensity. That is: if for example a TR workout wanted me to do 1,000 watts for 5 seconds, and I couldn’t even hit the 1,000 watts for a second.

Otherwise, if I can hit the intensity, it is then a question of: can I hold the target intensity for the target time period.

1 Like

I just did a wahoo workout outside. On the web, I got the fail survey. I put I didn’t struggle then marked it moderate. I probably got the survey because of a couple road crossings or something.

But wait…. What did I miss? Progress on outside workouts now?

1 Like

You got that “struggle” survey because that is still the default option. They have not made that change yet, if you were assuming it would be the “pass” survey.

Is that what you were wondering?

1 Like

I brought it up because usually I don’t get the struggle survey. I’ve done plenty of outside workouts since being accepted into AT but usually I just go in the calendar, click where it says missing response and submit how I felt. This is the first time when I clicked on missing response that it prompted as if I’d done a workout. So I was just wondering if some slight progress is being made to at least acknowledge that I did a workout I guess.

1 Like

I had an adaptation pending today after a Zwift race last night. I think I heard on the podcast that considering non-TR workouts is being worked on but not yet ready and I wanted to check if maybe things have moved - maybe it’s in the beta? It’s the second time I’ve seen an adaptation without obviously being triggered by a workout.

In addition to the race, I had missed a workout on Wednesday (life got in the way) which I was planning to do today instead. Can missing a workout trigger an adaptation?

If the missed workout is the cause, should I accept the adaptation, even though I still expect to do the workout on a later day? Until now, I’ve worked on the principle of accepting any adaptations and letting AT do it’s thing.

Every outdoor workout I’ve done on Wahoo has given me the Struggle survey you mentioned. If I do a free ride or a group ride where it isn’t associated with a workout, it gives me the Pass survey. So it appears to recognize when it is or isn’t a workout, but it doesn’t know which workout or how that relates to your Progression Levels at the moment. At least that’s what it seems like is happening based on my experience and the comments Nate made about the current stumbling blocks with the Wahoo side of things.

So I finally got into the AT beta and am so stoked to use it for the remainder of my season. I’m doing all my Saturday sweet spot workouts from sustained power build LV outside in prep for a marathon XC race and was curious how using a different bike than my indoor setup would affect the adaptations. I have an oval ring on my Blur so the power is 4-5% higher than what I usually see indoors, if I jump back and forth between inside and outside workouts on these days is it going to throw off the adaptations?

guessing here

I think you’ll be ok as your outside rides are higher. There isn’t any “Super Pass” yet so you shouldn’t get prescribed workouts above your level due to high power output.

So long as you know the correct number to aim for on the MTB and follow the correct structure I think you’ll be ok (other outside workout issues not withstanding).

Interesting development today. I haven’t seen it announced or mentioned, but it may already be out there.

Today I had a “successful” workout, but if I put “hard” as the response then it asks why I struggled, if I put moderate it doesn’t, and obviously just deems it a success.

It’s interesting and shows a finer level of learning than I realised was going on.

So it looks like I’ll be the one who asks the inevitable question… :wink:

The estimate 17 days ago was from a week to a year … any update on that estimate? Asking because I’m planning out my training ahead of the CX season, and if AT is on the way (in Early Access) then my understanding is that I’ll need to give more thought to the days I plan to train, since moving workouts around stops AT giving adaptations? (Not really been paying much attention to the AT Beta details, so I may not have that correct).

2 Likes